Slicer freezes when using tree support

I am slicing a model which i usually print in Prusa.
But it keeps on freezing when sliced in Bambu Studio or Orca Slicer. Norma Support seems to work though. the slicer always get stuck at 65% during generation of polygons as the Photo attached is showing. I wish someone can lead me for a solution. right now tring to slice this model using Prusa Slicer with Bambu X1 profile. it is wokring but cannot use Pressure Advance.

2 Likes

I encounter this - even though I updated to the latest version. And it happens more in the latest version. It does not happen if I turn off support generation

I have seen this but left the machine for about 15mins then it finishes. But only on something which was complex with a lot of ploys. Are you using on build plate only or one of the other options?

This happens to me all the tine with tree slim. Always at 65% “generate polygons at layer.” Just hangs forever.

1 Like

Same thing just started happening to me.

i just use snug type all the time now.

Alas, that does not work for me.
Still crashes.
Anyone else have a solution?

I’ve been having this issue for the past two days with a particular donut shaped print. I’d turn on Support and leave Type = Normal (auto) and it would slice in about 5 seconds. I’d change Type = Tree (auto) and it would freeze at 65% and stay that way for over an hour. I’d eventually come back and click the mouse and the app would white out and I could End Task. I think if I left it indefinitely, it would finish. I’ve printed 50+ items on my X1 and never had this issue. I found this question here when trying to find the answer and obviously the answer wasn’t found yet.

I then uninstalled Bambu Labs Sutio 1.8.4.51 and reinstalled, but it had no effect.

I then started changing settings and found one that worked.
If I set Type = Tree (auto), Style = Tree Slim, On build plate only, and Remove small overhangs, it slices successfully in about 5 seconds.

I have the same issue, can’t use tree support at all, the app will just crash whenever I try it.

Somebody needs to submit this issue as a bug report on Github, where the developers will see it and act on it. They will need more details than have been mentioned here (your operating system, Studio version, logs, sample .3mf, etc.). I can’t do it as I’ve never had the problem.

3 Likes

I have created a bug report on GitHub now with my project file in it. It’s also a donut shape, so I assume this is related to the issue.

BambuStudio / issues / 3801

1 Like

I’ve suddenly have started seeing this issue in the last few days. I would use tree supports for very complex models and now I’m having issue with the slicer hang at 70%. I have let it run, and sometimes it will complete the slicing process, but last night I tried to slice a plate and it ran overnight and still didn’t finish. Any advice on what to do here as I prefer the tree supports.

Same thing for me but, I think it’s been hanging at 61%. Also, it’s been crashing lately when painting parts.

Bambu Slicer Version 1.8.4.51
CPU: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
Memory: 40 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
Mac OS: Sonoma 14.4.1