Smart Home Integration

It would be great if there was some sort of “Smart Home Integration”, may it be MQTT, a (local or remote) API, a HomeAssistent Plugin, an extension to Bambu Handy to get to work with Google Home you get the point.

Some features resulting out of this would be monitoring (some access to Sensor values for a Grafana/HomeAssistent Dashboard), triggering certain things (slowing down when you have a meeting, pausing prints in certain situations, …), a Linux CLI to manage some printer operations, …
Combination with a Smart smoke detector? Endless Internet-Of-Things IOT possibilities right?

Opening this because requested in GitHub and on Reddit previously.

8 Likes

I would be happy with literally any of these. Just somewhere we can access information about the current state/status/data of the printer.

Here’s another request for something similar:

2 Likes

The HMS currently already has a MQTT opening, so it would be just a matter of being able to hook into that service, or enable that service to also post to an external MQTT broker.
All you’d then need to configure would be ‘ip, port, user/pass, topic’ and you’re done.

I think the developer can do this integration, just like what it is done in open source slicer. But bambu lab still do not have plan for official smart home integration.

Would this mean MQTT or REST API? Either would be great in order to check status/stats/data at least to start.

Is this planned anytime soon? (since any official smart home integration is not)

MQTT is ready used in the printer, some information can be got from Bambu Studio. But the definition of the topic may be changed when new feature introduced. The compatibility can not be guaranteed now.

Doesn’t access to it require username and password credentials? Without knowing this it can’t be used :disappointed:

I really wish I could use my smart plugs from when using Octoprint. I understand this feature is not available for Bambu Lab X1.

Anyone here smarter than me to figure out a IFTTT option? Meaning, with Bambu Handy there is a push notification when the print completes.

IF that happens then fire off an IFTTT to set a timer long enough for the machine cool down and then send a command to the smart plug to shut down.

Just a thought… not sure if that is even and option.

I use the Tasmota plugs from TH3D Studio but if someone were to figure out a work around this would be a great option until Bambu Lab pushes something out if they consider this a value added feature for their machines or the Handy app.

I don’t know if you have seen this option but it works great for getting X1C configured and set up in Home Assistant. Wolf has made things about as simple as possible for an admittedly more complex configuration process.

Wolf’s Armory

1 Like

There are multiple projects on GitHub for this. I was looking for access to the BL printers with Python and found them. I think they referred to Home Assistant.

If you search GitHub for Bambu Lab Python you should find them.