Hi everyone!
I’ve had my X2D for about a week now and already put over 80 hours and around 500 meters of filament through it, mostly PLA but also other materials (ASA and some TPU).
My previous printer was a Prusa Mini+, and I always loved its smooth build plate. The textured plate that comes with the X2D is nice for certain prints and designs, but sometimes the texture is just not what I want.
So I’m looking for a completely smooth plate, ideally without needing glue or much tweaking. So far, I’ve narrowed it down to:
-
BIQU Panda Smooth PEI
-
Darkmoon G10 Garolite
I’m also unsure about the QR code plate detection. How important is it really? Are there any downsides to using a plate that isn’t automatically recognized?
I mainly print PLA, ASA, and TPU, so ideally I’d like something that works well with all three or at least PLA and ASA. (I’m using PETG too, but only for support-interfaces)
Any experience with these two plates or recommendations for other smooth alternatives?
Thanks!