So we can get a discount of $80 if we return or $120 if we keep

@gboy this is the boat I’m in too since I bought one at micro center in Dallas since I was already there picking up a commercial resin printer. I too am just going to submit the ticket and see what happens since I’m not driving 300 miles to take it back to microcenter.

I still haven’t received any e-mails from either Bambu or microcenter on the recall though I’m getting plenty of e-mails from microcenter about sales.

1 Like

Everytime i read about someone from a 3d party reseller contacting Bambu lab. They have been asked to get back with the reseller for all warranty service. Now the recall might be different. IDK :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Id assume a recall is different, at least it is in nearly every other company. And I know that Microcenter entered the serial number into their database when i purchased the printer so there is record that I bought it from them. For Bambu to cheap out and not honor replacement for units bought from a reseller, and leaving the reseller to deal with the problem is bad for the consumer, and the reseller. Lets hope that isnt the case.

1 Like

The fact you feel a need to explain yourself says more about you than the people your explaining it to, there are a number of threads concerning a recall one user even posted a ticket with a follow up question , but you were to busy correcting everyone to notice your using a hobist printer as a work horse. :shushing_face:

I have a X1C, P1S, A1 and A1 mini. I love the A1 it is quiet and prints well. I will definitely not get rid of the A1. Will use the $120.00 to buy another AMS lite. I am sure this was a shocker for BL the way they appear to keep an eye on quality and detail. If you build enough machines you are going to have a problem some ware along the line. It is unfortunate, but that’s life. Can’t wait for my replacement bed.

Doing the same upgrade here

Just filled out the form they had on the blog and wanting to go with Option 1 of returning it for a full refund, what are my next steps? Will they provide me with instructions of the returns in the support ticket or do I need to do something else to get the process going?

Since you have both A1 and P1S, would you recommend the P1S to those of us going the refund route?

1 Like

Awful lot of pearl clutching going on here.

Having both It’s a hard toss-up. P1S has its own issues. Like for an example the world’s lowest frame rate camera with image quality of a digital camera from 1998.

Personally falls in the market for it I go K1 Max That is a little bit more money but after seeing one and having some time with it I will say it’s a better printer than the P1S. Please know that my time with dealing with it was running a few quick prints that I prepared prior going to micro center and checking one out. For people say good things about it but also hurt people say bad things My experience was pretty positive though but it is more expensive printer but worth in my opinion. Then there’s also some other options if you want to go a little bit higher price after over a year with the X1C honestly I’m not really impressed I’m actually shocked at how fast it’s showing age.

But if you’re looking to get another bambu printer the P1S is the one I would go with. Yeah the better camera and touch screen is nicer on the X1 But I personally never use the touch screen and the camera I’m not sitting there watching my prince all day so it really doesn’t Make a point in spending the extra money. Their lidar is just basically a marketing stunt It’s not that great doesn’t do that much if anything. print failure detection is still years and years behind the spaghetti detective or obico. Their stuff actually works a year later bambus is still trash but we knew this was going to be the normal.

I will say do not wait if you plan on getting an excellent P1P p1s etc. This little engineering failure on their part is going to result in the price of these printers going up. Honestly what I’m expecting to see is $100 increase across the board at a minimum The cover loss revenue from this. Possibly more I know somebody sent their unit to UL And this could result in the blocking of the A series being imported and a mandatory recall. But we don’t know this yet but if that happens expect the prices to go up at least 150 to $200. Between the A series and a P1S personally I go with P1S. I have if you want us not great it’s not horrible I would trade that for a k1 max. I would trade my X1C with ams for a k1 max. The phone’s going to revive bambu printer what I would go for would be the P1S.

It’s so good that you only bought a 3D printer. And repair/change/refund will be done within few month. Guess you bought a brand new Boeing 737 MAX and then its grounded for 21 month.
Beside my little joke I can understand all of you. I would be very angry if this happens to my P1S. No question about it.

And they didn’t say they would pay shipping back to them, I would assume they will pay postage to one of their warehouses but with these china companies you shouldn’t assume anything. Where are you located?

I am in Winnipeg, most things come from BC or Ontario when I order parts. I sent in the refund form today as they came back with generic standard details to my specific questions.

I have to say that CRT is much more dangerous since it can carry much more voltatge than any 3D printer out there. However I do agree with you completely. I am going to plan ahead and keep the necessary information at hand as well wait for the part.

I think most people will just take the $120 and keep the printer and not even do the bed fix, LOL! I mean, the odds of a fire are high enough for BL to pay out this decent sum (probably the profit they made on each A1 sale) to cover their ass but the odds are like .01% that your wire is going to catch fire, right?

1 Like

■■■■ happens! If this bothers you don’t buy a Tesla (or any car, really. I’ve had 4 recalls on my new Ford Maverick, LOL!)! I’m all for giving BL a break. I like their owner, I think their printers are great, and it’s a bummer to see them have this kind of problem. I hope it doesn’t hurt their company enough to have them quit making such great printers for us!

3 Likes

Does anyone have any ideas for a $400 printer that is as good as the A1? Flashforge or Qidi or something>.

Took mine back yesterday and they gave me the $80 off. Walked out with a P1S combo paying an extra $334. They even brought up the $80 discount.

1 Like

I for one am overjoyed that my new printer has been recalled, and place the blame firmly on the users. BambuLab number 1!

Jk I’m not a shill.

The fact that there are so many of these comments on this forum (as well as rampant whataboutism trying to excuse this all based on some other random manufacturer’s issues which are totally irrelevant) makes me suspect that this is part of BambuLab’s ‘marketing’ or ‘problem management’, which makes me think less of the company as that effort could be spent on dealing with the issues faster. It also waters down a lot of the truly helpful and knowledgeable posts/ comments by experienced 3d printer users here, which would otherwise be a huge positive for the brand and the community of users.

Still cautiously optimistic this will all be dealt with properly, but I guess we’ll see…

An update on my ticket submitted yesterday for a heatbed swap. P.S. I bought my printer from a local reseller in Canada:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for submitting your A1 callback request.

As per your preference, we will be supplying you with a revised heatbed and a $120 discount code. We expect the revised heatbed to be dispatched to you by the end of March. Once shipped, the tracking number will be provided through this ticket. The discount code will be sent directly to you shortly after the heatbed is dispatched.

We appreciate your patience and value your continued support as a Bambu Lab customer. If you have any questions regarding the A1 callback issue, please feel free to communicate through this ticket. Our goal is to address your inquiries promptly and effectively.

Best Regards,

Bambu Lab Support