[Solved] No prompt for X1C V1.07 upgrade

I am not being prompted for the 01.07 firmware upgrade despite power cycling the printer a number of times. I have also tried via Bambu Studio and Bambu Handy with no success.

I was really hoping to update to 1.07 firmware today to take advantage of the low noise features. All windows are showing that the current version 01.06.05.01 is the latest version. I am in the UK and the only slightly unusual thing is that I am connecting via a 4G wifi hotspot.

I have tried the network test and this reports everything is okay with good speeds. I can upload prints, monitor the camera etc. without problem.

Edit: should be Bambu Studio instead of Bambu Lab

Have you tried upgrading from the Bambu Studio App?

Thank you, but yes I have tried that - it continues to show 01.06.05.01 as the latest version. Sorry, I meant to write Bambu Studio instead of Bambu Lab.

The Update firmware button is greyed out.

Odd problem. What version of Bambu Studio are you using? Also have you tried from Bambu’s “Handy” mobile app?

4 Likes

Yes, I tried both Bambu Studio and Bambu Handy - both of which are the latest version updated today. It certainly is strange, the only other thing is that I don’t have a SD card in the printer - so will try that tomorrow.

Powercycle the printer should help.

On an X Series it shouldn’t matter. Mine updated without one. The only other thing I might suggest trying is doing a factory reset to see if that somehow forces an update check.

8 Likes

I was trying to avoid that, but yes I will give it a try -thanks.

Thank you, that seems to have cleared it and the update has completed. Now starting the calibration process - I am doing all calibrations as it was a factory reset.

1 Like

I did a Factory reset as the previous FW update caused some issues and then mine flashed just fine from my WiFi, the change in noise is not that noticeable though, I watched a YT comparison and it is slightly lower Db’s

1 Like