Soo.. Anyone read consumer reviews?

I just realized Bambu Labs obviously isn’t registered with the BBB so I just googled “Bambu Labs reviews” to see what consumers rate the company…

I mean this doesn’t look that good what so ever… ah man

1 Like

No surprise there, since it’s well known that Bambu support is struggling. A new company with 3000% growth is going to struggle. Not saying that it’s a good excuse, but it shouldn’t be surprising that it’s a problem. I do hope they figure out their support situation though, since I’m a big fan of their product.

I take most review/complaint sites like these with a grain of salt. Their business model is to get business to pay them to “handle” reviews and so they are tooled to put pressure on companies to sign up and pay them in order to look better. Don’t pay them and they will look at positive reviews seriously for removal and ignore negative. Pay them and they will look at negative reviews seriously for removal and ignore positive. Digital mafia.

2 Likes

yeah the after market support is known to have difficulty with employees, to me its a bit sad but the machines are still new so my guess would be better for them to have 3 year or 2 year waranty on them

I’d agree if they were honestly “new”. They started taking money in 2020… were 4 years in so I wouldn’t necessarily use the “new” anymore. The fact they push marketing so much means they haven’t gained a big following yet to be an actual competitor.

I liked the product also but I don’t simply go by that because it’s also the name that holds that product that matters. I’m not going to go down the road of saying who’s better yada yada. But I never had taken the time to really see what prusa is or about so I watched their recent video which to my surprise was really thorough and transparent on every level of their business. But to hear they ship 30,000 packages a month was wild…

I trust these reviews after reading a majority of them because there isn’t anywhere else to leave a review… why would a company that’s trying to grow and become known for a great product not want to register anywhere for reviews? Not even make a section on their own site for reviews where they could have verified buyers review only. .

Idk I’ve become to caught up in this and I just want to know I’m supporting a company that’ll support me. So far they’ve taken a lot of money that’s for sure, with little remorse for the issues received after handing that money over though.

They didn’t start shipping their first printers until June 2022, so that’s a bit disingenuous.

Prusa is an impressive company for sure. The guy started making his own hardware back in 2010 and now he’s running one of the most well known printer companies on the planet today. He’s spent those years making sure his name was synonymous with quality and he’s done a great job at it. Trying to compare Bambu to Prusa is hard, since their journeys aren’t the same and have different starting points.

Oh I believe that most of those reviews are real, I never said they weren’t. I’m pointing out that you need to take those types of websites with a grain of salt since they don’t have your best interest in mind, they just want businesses to give them money by hook or by crook. I do hope Bambu does starts taking the time to improve their image on their support by being more transparent and engaging with their customer base.

I can understand this since the printers aren’t exactly cheap and you want to believe you are getting your monies worth. Like most things in life, you pay for what you get. We got a ferrari of a printer at a price that no one else could even touch (until they started copying). With that price point, that means they are focused on selling printers and not supporting them, similar to how companies such as Creality does business. With a company like Prusa, you are paying for a much higher level of support, so you get less printer for the amount of money you spend. Only time will tell if Bambu will be able to properly fund a better support infrastructure at the prices they are currently charging.

1 Like

That page has only 107 users who rated Bambu, and I along with many other people who have had a great experience have never given them our rating. It is not very meaningful.

I have mentioned before that people with problems will always be the loudest and most active, while you won’t hear anything from most who are not having problems, so it can seem worse than it is. It is estimated that Bambu lab is making 14 million USD per month, so when you consider how many printers they are selling, there really isn’t that many people complaining about problems.

Edit: Part of my statement above is no longer true. I added a review today (still pending).

I don’t think they have the resources to generate 14 million a month… Not sure where you got that source… Also the capital they had to have when creating all the stages of manufacturing probably costs a lot so I don’t see them even being that profitable as of now. A good business will focus on perfecting 1 area at a time versus creating a handful of things and only generating quick revenue. Just like youtube, you want active users and re-subs. If people order bambu labs filaments and don’t generate more than what they spent, their less likely to order again versus ordering cheaper elsewhere then ordering BL filament 3 months later again.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think I must have seen it on this:

1 Like

Maybe you should actually go off facts instead of opinion? From the Equal Ocean article on Bambu Lab written in Jan 2024
“EqualOcean has received exclusive information that Bambu Lab, a leading global manufacturer of consumer-grade 3D printers, is expected to generate CNY 1.5 billion in revenue for 2023.”

In Jan 2024 the full 2023 4th quarter sales would not have been available yet, which would have included the jump in sales from the A1 and A1 mini at Christmas, and they STILL exceeded 14 million a month.

1.5 billion CNY = 179.5 Million USD= 14.96 million per month.

As for the Prusa comments. Check out the reliability testing between Prusa and Bambu Lab by Shop nation. This was a short term test, but he’s carrying it through this year.

And 4 months after posting the reliability video, he posted this based on his experience. Keep in mind, he does use Prusas. I tend to agree with him. And I was really looking forward to the XL, but with the price and issues it’s had, I’ve lost interest. An assembled unit with only 2 print heads is $3000, or twice the price of the X1C with AMS, and they still haven’t fixed the input shaping problem.