Spam from competitor site of Anycubic / makeronline.com

I got messaged today via the internal messaging function like this:

@MakerWorld can you please take care that this makes no school? It is too easy currently to register new accounts at Makerworld, as also mentioned in other threads in the forum.

For now, it looks like it is only spam. But we have to be afraid that there will also be phishing messages soon.

I would love a function to deactivate the private messaging overall, but may it’s only me.

1 Like

Hi,
This will be taken care of in the 3/11 Update. Thanks a lot.

3 Likes

I got one of those from creality a while back.

1 Like

I too received those spam messages via MakerWorld DMs, but they were from a different user.

Funniest thing about that website is there appears to be an option to upload your designs, but I’m not seeing any database of models to browse through. :thinking:

same here…

Interesting that the domain is registered by Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd. d/b/a HiChina (www.net.cn)

Eh that doesn’t mean much, lots of websites are registered through other parties, like if you create a website through a service like Shopify or Squarespace. The Alibaba Cloud Computing is likely just one of those services in Asia; and the makeronline website is just Anycubic’s version of MakerWorld/Printables

2 Likes

I’ve been messaged by them too… looks like nearly a exact copy of MakerWorld. Crazy. No effort to make it their own.

1 Like

That’s how it works. Makerworld isn’t all that different from Printables either. For a designer, it means less hassle when uploading to multiple hosts.
I also received a message and I have no problem with it.

I think printables looks way different to MakerWorld.

This new website from Anycubic not only has nearly the same name as MakerWorld but also the layout and pretty much the whole thing looks like a copy. Very little effort to make it their own here.

2 Likes

Same here

Received one tonight, same as above. :-/

@MakerWorld I also received one tonight. I can’t help but think they scrape designers off of the featured list to spam.

I know that Makerworld was a copy of Printables in many ways but this new site of Anycubic is a direct rip off. Even the name is a rip-off and likely chosen to lure new users who don’t know the difference.

Being able to block user DMs is all well and good but I’d like to see some sort of speed bump in place to slow down the bots.

They are still getting through. Got one today

I have had the same

Same here.

Funny how they send messages but never respond to them.

1 Like