Specification for hotend thermal grease

What is the specification for the thermal grease for the hotend please?

There’s a picture on bambu wiki of a tube of stuff that you can’t buy here, so I need a different one, but there’s no spec provided by Bambu. It’s hard to match exactly the shown product so it would be easier if I knew what thermal conductivity it actually needed etc

I don’t know what part of the world you’re in but I purchase mine (boron nitride paste) from Filafarm in Germany. Boron nitride paste can also be found on amazon.

Thank you, I am able to get this from a local 3d printer store, However, how do we know it’s the correct spec for a bambu?

Bambu or not, it’s a popular product to use for this application, I don’t think bambu has reinvented the wheel.

take into consideration the highest temperature level of your hotend according to BL, then add 10% on top and look for a thermal paste in that range.

OK, but why do some of these pastes not work for cpu coolers? (In fact the one suggested does not mention this use)

I know it’s something to do with the thermal conductivity, but what exactly makes the difference and how do we know it’ll be fine here?

Boron nitride paste is specialized for 3D printer hotends, where there are odd shaped small surfaces while CPU cooler thermal paste optimizes heat transfer between the CPU and cooler surfaces, preventing electrical issues and ensuring efficient cooling. The cpu cooler interface is a relatively large flat surface, a thin paste, (or ideally no paste and highly polished surfaces) is required.