Stringing black in white parts

Have you increased the flushing of black and every other color before it goes to white?

You can also try increasing the retraction amount and speed. Since you do white first on the first layer, the strings could be coming from the black and falling onto white when the nozzle is jumping from place to place while printing the black color.

Also, if you haven’t done it, put the black filament into a filament dryer and dry until it stops losing weight. If it is wet, it will be more stringy.

What settings do you recommend?

I have now standard settings:

Try these settings, and increase a little if not good enough.

Maybe increase the retraction length some more than my example. And it might also be good to increase the z-hop.

Edit: Actually, maybe don’t increase z-hop, some people say it causes more stringing,

Thanks!

Other filament test is running now, so have to wait and test in the morning with this settings!

Thanks again

Dry the black filament while you are waiting. Even if it is new from the manufacturer’s vacuum sealed package, it will likely still have moisture. I rarely get new filament that doesn’t lose water after drying.

1 Like

Last one;) Lego one just finished with old settings. Wanted to try if its the design:)

Only 1 string, see picture. Its not on the first layer, not the last…

i have this, to what you advice?

700 from Black to white and 700 from orange to white.

1 Like

Like this? (first time changing this, so double check, sorry)

Yes, that is correct. (25 character minimum)

2 Likes

never mind, its printing now with your settings!

I’ll check this out.
Thanks!

1 Like

No worries. Make sure to cut out the corner of the a1 wiper so a screwdriver can go through it, making it removable when you need to replace the silicone or when for some reason your wiper holder breaks and you need to change it without too much hassle (if you are using longer aliexpress hotends like the 2.0 w longer overall length, it can damage it)

Oh. Good tip. I do have an after market hotend with the Diamondback V6 nozzle in it, but it has been modified to shorten the length. I’ll have to make sure it will fit before I run it.

Frustrating!!!

Used your settings and the extra Flush. As you can see still…

Strange thing is, on the left side, nothing, right side, blackstuff in the white!!!

edit:
I will test the same settings and rotate the print on the bed to exclude leveling issues.

In the gcode preview is there any travel moves over the white areas while it’s printing the black?

3 Likes

like this?

Does it change if you select the “Avoid crossing wall” at the bottom of the Quality tab?

2 Likes