This version of Studio very unstable on my Mac. When I send a job to print it completely locks up. The job makes it to printer fine, but the session is toast after that. My only option is a Force Quit.
Same behaviour here, macOS 27 MBA M5, when the job is sent and it switches to the “devices” tab it crashes.
Also lost ability for multiple windows, multiple sessions.
It hangs for me as well (spinning beachball of death). I can debug it for you and come up with a fix. Or wait for the next beta. I have a feeling it could be the network plugin that is crashing.
Same here on Windows 11 - App freezes or crashes, trying forever to load a file. Works once when first opening, then if you need to add another model file, it freezes, and the app process needs to be killed and restarted to work again. It looks it may be memory- or file-allocation issues with this version.
Bambu fixed it in a separate branch but have not merged it into the main branch yet. One thing you can try as work-around. Open the Device tab first, then go back to Preview and send the print.
When my H2S broke for the 5th time last night, I had some deadlines to meet so I picked up a H2D. After downloading the latest Bambu Studio, it’s ALMOST UNUSABLE. It freezes when I send the print job. I tried restarting the MAC several times, but that didn’t help.
The one thing I have found to get it to sorta work it to click on the desktop behind the Bambu Studio window, that moves the Bambu windows off the screen… wait a few seconds and click the desktop again. The Bambu windows seem to get unstuck and will send the print off to the printer.
The same sort of thing happens when I ask it to slice the model. I have to click away from everything and then back to get the window or dialog box to do anything.
Same behavior as the OP: Downloaded Beta 2.8.4.57 onto my older PowerBook running MacOS 11.7.11 (Big Sur). Print completed okay, but UI was unresponsive and the Force Quit panel showed the app as “Not Responding”. I had to use Force Quit to terminate the task after the print finished. Backed out to run 2.8.2.61 - no problem.
Just a reminder, you dont have to go back to 2.8.2, the 2.8.3.66 beta, which I was running before this 57 fiasco, is available on Github.
Same … Freezes up when I send over a project to print. I have to force quit. Running MacOS 27 Mac Mini M4 Pro 48 GB RAM. First time trying the beta ![]()
Interesting. Its working fine for me on an Intel Mac running 15.8, and its working fine on a Windowz machine running Win 11-whatever.
Glad to hear it is working for someone, running the M4 chip here.
Yeah, I was wondering if it could be Intel vs Apple silicon builds or MacOS 15 vs MacOS 26/27. Regardless, it seems there is a real bug, so you’ll eventually have a fix.
Yep, same here on my Mac. I didn’t have this problem until build 02.08.04.57. M4 Max on OS 27.0.
Can anyone help a guy out with a link to the previous version for MAC
There is always Google: “Bambu Studio Download”
Github has all previous releases available:
I am having the same locking-up and crashing issues with my M4 Mini. Another odd issue that has happened since installing the beta is that with ANYTHING I try to print, I get a “Track Switch” G-code error. The only way to get it to go away is to select “Sync” and bring up the print job filament sync menu then select “Ok”. Even if you don’t change anything, it will then get rid of the message. At least until you try to print something different…..
I’ve since “downgraded” to the prior release version. There is nothing in the current beta that I really need to use. I’ll wait for the next beta drop and try again.
I don’t experience the exact same issue but instead have a bug that is equally frustration.
I’m using a Mac and currently running the latest beta version. What happens is, that after a while (and I suspect - after I wake up my Mac from sleep) if I have Bambu Studio running the Prepare and Preview panel are unresponsive. I can select them in the top menu and the program will switch to the pane but I can’t select anything, zoom or pane around on either of these windows. Other parts of the program (Maker section, Device, Project etc) seems to be OK. Fortunately I can save the project, close Bambu Studio and restart again.
I had the same problems on the previous releases, so not something that has been introduced in the latest beta.