Sudden drop printing quality

Hello, I’ve been using my xc1 for almost a year, flawlessly. Never had a problem.
Today it started printing very badly, I tried to re calibrate but nothing changed, tried different filaments, nothing.
As you can see in the image all the prints turn out like this, rough and unfinished and unpolished, and some of them fail complitley.

I use a textured plate with normal or matte PLA.

The same I’ve been using for months.

Any idea? Thank you so much for your help!

I don’t see any pics…

(damn 25 limit)

just wondering, did this situation occur after you’ve updated your x1c to their latest firmware? If this is indeed so, then try downgrading your firmware to the previously working version, and stick with it for as long as it takes before upgrading again, making sure that when you upgrade the firmware version has been tested and vetted as functional and reliable by plenty of users. I usually stick back a couple of firmware versions to see and hear from others if they’re confronted with undesired "side effects ". And considering the manner in which BL customer support seems to be (not) working, the number of posts raising similar problems like yours (or even worse), I’m seriously considering adopting the X1Plus firmware and no longer relying on BL’s firmware and their shitty and almost non-functional customer support.

How easy is it to downgrade? I recently let it upgrade on my X1E and I’m sorry I did.

Sorry uploaded now! I think I didn’t wait for it to load! My mistake!

I updated the firmware I think a couple of days ago but after the update everything worked fine. So I’m not sure is that! I’ll try to revert it anyway and see what happens! Thanks!

I found the culprit!! Don’t know what
Caused it though! I changed it and now I’m testing the new hotend

1 Like

The nozzle bends because it most likely hit something stiffer than molten plastic. Maybe the print lifted, you used grid infill, something on the build plate, software glitch, etc. Also, it is known that the nozzle can dismantle itself over time.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.