SUNLU PLA filament profile disappeared

What the heck. My SUNLU PLA filament profile has completely disappeared from BambuStudio. Whats going on here? Not only that, but the SUNLU PLA+ 2.0 profile was somehow “unchecked” in the system filaments dialogue… needless to say, those two profiles get used frequently.

Is BambuStudio just going to start changing/deleting my settings moving forward?

Doesn’t really solve the issue but I’ve found Sunlu PLA prints great using Bambu PLA settings so just tape Bambu RFID tags onto my Sunlu spools and call it a day.

For sure. I had tweaked the BL PLA profile for the SUNLU filament a bit when I was just getting started, and had really gotten it nailed down.

Just irksome that I may have to go do that all over again. Really freaking annoying that this morning I couldn’t properly assign a SUNLU PLA Basic filament that I’ve already used dozens of times to a slot in my AMS because SUNLU PLA (basic) no longer exists as a filament.

I would do the RFID trick, but honestly, I’m not really in the mood to buy BambuLab filaments just to acquire the RFID tags for PLA. I have done that with some of the more expensive filaments, like my ASA, but those also came with the higher temperature BambuLab spools, so it was more easily justifiable.

When you update Bambu Studio, it’s possible that filament profiles you’ve created yourself - or those from third-party manufacturers - may no longer be compatible. They haven’t actually disappeared; they’re just listed as “incompatible.”

Take a look in your filament folder on your hard drive - they should still be in there.

That’s why I avoid updating my Bambu Studio unless it’s absolutely necessary.

I generally agree with you, but no update has been performed in the last several weeks. I’m still running version 2.7.1.57.

Hence my confusion.

…and are the files still in the folder? Here’s the Windows path.

%appdata%\BambuStudio\user

You didn’t accidentally switch users in Windows?


Take a look at this comment, too, in case there’s something wrong with the cloud.

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps.

The Windows path for the profiles is quite handy. I’m going to have to figure out how to remember that.

To answer your question, no, I didn’t switch users, but it does look like something odd happened with the profile. Potentially some random issue with the cloud sync this morning.

I was able to confirm that it was still there on a different machine (my wife’s computer)… so I fully logged out of BambuStudio on my computer, restarted the software, and then re-logged in. After restarting BambuStudio one more time, it seems to have returned.

One of the few times having multiple PCs running the same software can come in handy…

Appreciate the assist!

You don’t have to remember the path. Just remember that the configuration folders can be reached from the Studio Help menu.


This also bypasses the hassle of configuring Explorer to show hidden items.

My SUNLU Profile did disappear as well. Also in the app.

Why this? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Welcome to the forum.

It’s best to read through the entire thread; there you’ll find possible causes, various solutions, and helpful advice. :+1:

I’ll quote what helped the person who started this thread: Log out and log in

Thank you very much!
I had already read everything. It’s striking that both incidents are temporally correlated.
Furthermore, the solution described here didn’t work for me. The profiles that are currently still active are still displayed to me—at least on my laptop (MacBook, OS). Other profiles are no longer visible.
The app was last updated two weeks ago.
Five days ago, the profiles were still there; today, they’re no longer displayed.
This isn’t about individual profiles, but rather the preset filament settings.