Support blocker results in missing Bridging layer in Bambulab Studio

Hi

I sometimes had very poor bridges when printing with Bambulab X1, but not always. I did some investigations and found that the problem lies in the behaviour of Bambulab Studio. I don’t know the reason, so I call it a Bug for the moment. If someone can explain me the behaviour, I appreciate it.

If you print without support, everything is fine. Bambulab Studio does normal bridging with 50 mm/s and it is ok.

If you print with support, everything is fine as well.

However if you print with support but you remove some faces because support is not needed (so you have a combination of both), Bambulab just does not do any bridging. This obviously will result in a mess.

To illustrate, lets have a look at the following example:

On the right, support is activated, because it is needed for the outer face. For the inner face however, support is blocked. Blocking support results missing bridging layer, which causes trouble.

Anyone understands that behaviour? How can I block support but still have proper bridging?

blue = bridging (left)
violet = bottom surface (right, no bridging is done)

1 Like

Does anybody experienced something similar?

I contacted Bambulab Support, it took 11 days until the first answer. Unfortunately the answer was useless since they did not understand the problem!

In the meantime I had similar situations and I’m sure, it is a Bug in Bambulab Studio.

→ When Support blockers are used two things happen:

Support is blocked and bridging layer is removed!

Have you actually then tried to print the part to see if the bridging is printed? If so, then it appears to be just a coloration bug in Studio. If not, then it is a more complex issue.

The Violet color, even if it means ‘bridging’ looks like it is at the right height and is properly layered.

So, does it print correctly and just have the wrong color in Studio?

Yes sure, otherwise I would not have noticed.

This is how it looks like when the material flow is not adjusted for bridging.
This only seems to happen if support is used.

I am having an issue where with supports enabled for bridging, bambu studio places the supports many times further below the bridge than specified in the top-z-distance setting. Mostly posting here so that I will be allowed to create a new post about this. Anyone else seeing this issue? have tried other slicers (Prusa) and this does not happen.

I have similar problem. Bad looks bottom layer of bridge.

IMG-1927|448x500