Support Material Not Sticking

After 3 hours I discovered that my support filament fell off and ruined the print. This was not on the first layer but support between two horizontal surfaces. I’m using PLA Basic White and basic pla support material in black.
Also I’m using the black support for both the support and the interface.

Please post a photo if you can

I would only use the support for interface. From what I’ve seen the support filament doesn’t stand up to layers. I’ve only ever used it or PTEG for interface.

I’ll try using the support for the interface only. But I did print it for the second time and it worked. thanks

Support material is pretty expensive to waste on printing the actual support anyway. If you’re printing PLA you can use PETG as an interface as well.

You should only be using the support filament for the interface.

In addition to it being more expensive, when you use it for the whole support, the printer has to switch between the PLA and the support filaments and purge it for every layer of the support. And support filament needs a lot of purging to prevent it from mixing with the PLA and weakening it, so you have probably made a big portion of your model weak if you didn’t significantly increase the support filament purge value.

If you compare the filament purge waste on the preview screen, you will see how much you are wasting for both materials and how much better it is if you just use it for the interface.

Thanks for the advise I will start do that.

Here is my 5 cents worth of opinion and tips for this basically useless filament…

For starters you HAVE TO calibrate the filament properly through some of the usual test prints first !
Then, due to price and purpose, you only use it for the interference layers while the actual supports are printed in the standard PLA.
The whole idea is that while the interference layer stick better to the layer below the PLA on top won’t bond with it that good.
Plus: The stuff is much weaker than PLA.
It won’t work as promised out of the box and that is what ruins the experience for most people.

If you print with multiple colors than adding the support filament won’t make much a difference with the overall filament waste.
For single color prints though the wiping and cleaning requirements can be a pain.
I only use it for prints that require lots of support in areas rather hard or impossible to remove with ease.
Like claws and sword blades pointing down or large overhangs with lots of fine details.
You might be surprised how well standard PLA works for supports if the settings are proper.

So using the support for the interface and pla for the general support works if you have a sturdy overhang.
However, pla as a support and normal support material for interface does not work when you have a delicate overhang.
I destroyed my print trying to get the pla as support off the model.
So I don’t know if there is a way to specify what type of support s to use on what part of the model.

I would assume you heeded this warning? I ask because I’ve used support a bit, as well as PTEG, If you ignore this, it will fail.