SUPPORT: Use only PAINT ON support

Please add the feature in Bambu Studio Support settings to only use Painted on Support.

I recently tried to paint on support for a Croc Shoe standing tall, to give it extra support so prevent it from falling. It was very difficult as Bambu Slicer wanted to place it’s own support all over the model and I need to place multiple support blocker cubes.

A simple option to check, allowing only painted support would be much easier.

1 Like

You do realize that if you right click the painted support becomes “Block Support” right? :wink:It effectively does what you are asking for by preventing supports from being added to areas you don’t want.

I didn’t know that. Thanks for the tip.

I just tried it… painted the whole model using right click to paint block support and then marked one area needing support. it worked. Although a model with lots of faces and complexity it would be easier to have the option from the start to only print painted supports.

1 Like

Sounds like you want to use one of the manual Type options, and then paint only the few areas where you want support.

2 Likes

Is there a way to add “no supports” over a complete model instanty?

It currently feels like a really bad workaround, that I have to paint the whole model red to stop unwanted supports. A simple checkbox that said “use only manual supports” or something similar would have been so nice and much more user friendly.

Great point, i didn’t even think about this. Thanks.

I may have misread this, but, do you mean the support block primitive?

Rather than painting the entire model to say “no supports, you can right click the model, select “support blocker” choose “cube”.

Resize and position the cube to cover a specific area or the whole thing.

Now, the covered area will not gain supports.

If you don’t want any supports for anything on the plate untick add supports from the settings panel… However, you would have to have turned this on yourself first as it defaults to off.