Swapped nozzle now no filament will load

Switched over to 0.2mm nozzle like I’ve done a million times and now filament won’t load, tried refitting it 3 times still the same, put the 0.4mm nozzle back in, still the same.

Any ideas? All the tubes look clear and the filament loads all the way up to the extruder before having a fit.

If it won’t go through with either nozzle attached it’s probably a piece of filament broken in the extruder. Sometimes the extruder chews it up to the point it can’t grip it enough to push it through. If you take the extruder off you should be able to see it in there and push it through. If it’s really stuck good you might have to take the extruder apart to get it.

3 Likes

Taken it off and can’t see anything obvious?

Hang on I think I spotted it

unbelievable! had this over a year and never had this happen. Oh well, at least I know how to take it apart now. will give the runners a clean with a stiff brush while im at it

4 Likes

@wizardbynight Well done! A great thing to print, once its all back together is this Gear tool, from the WIKI stil - in case you need it next time.
https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/x1/troubleshooting/extruder-clog

And this extruder cleaning guide, has some good points about proper lube, where etc to avoid getting on ffilament,]
Iff you havent pulled it apart in a year, probabiily due pending on how many actual print hours in that year.

All the best in your printing!

3 Likes

Hey thanks for that, it’s all back together now, I just cleaned the cogs and put some white grease on, and brushed the filament feeders to get plastic out the grooves, hopefully it will be good! I will take a look at the info you posted for next time :+1:

1 Like

Glad you got it out! I’m familiar with most problems because I’ve had them all :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve had nearly all the blockages apart from this one! At least taking the extruder apart was less of a faff than my creator pro 2. It’s actually a nicely put together unit.