Switch between AMS and External Spool during print

As of this date, there is still no way to switch between AMS and external spool during a print, you are stuck with either using one or another .

This seems a very easy to implement feature through a firmware update as the hardware isn’t a limiting factor .

It’s probably one of the most wanted and useful features that are currently lacking and would open up a lot of possibilites such as printing filaments that are not compatible with AMS (TPU / certain abrasives etc) while retaining multicolor functionality .

The implementation can for example be done through gcode such as M600 in combination with a specific option that in addition interacts with the AMS board to disable it until another filament switch for enabling AMS is triggered, so basically a toggle to enable / disable AMS when M600 is called .

2 Likes

Adding my request for this as well. I have a print today where this is needed. Going to try the “pause” workaround listed elsewhere but something more holistic at the slicer level would be preferred long term.

Same problem here. Just designed a seal and need that to be printed in PETG and TPU on top. There still seems no way to do so. Has anyone already opened a request on Github? If not we should do so… I’ll try work around with “pause”.

Edit: Can’t get it to work with pause either grrr…