šŸ˜” Ten Days with no Customer Service!

Ten days ago I turned in a Customer Service ticket for warranty replacement of a part on my Bambu X1c. I have heard absolutely nothing back from Bambu. Just nothing.

Their customer service seems to be non-existent.

Is there anything I can do to actually get warranty service, or is Bambuā€™s warranty just a scam?

Talk to your credit card company and see if maybe they can help you. I have heard some credit card companies can do charge-backs well after the sale if you did not get what you paid for (I would argue that warranty service is part of what you paid for). Wonā€™t hurt to give it a shot.

You can also try filing a complaint through the BBB at Bambu Lab USA Inc. | Better Business BureauĀ® Profile but it seems BL only answers some complaints and they have a score of F. Again, canā€™t hurt.

1 Like

I agree with you on the credit car company. In fact, many people who have Black or Platinum credit cards arenā€™t even aware that there usually extra warranty protection baked into the ancillary services. Itā€™s definitely worth a phone call. I have a black diamond card and one time I disputed a claim that was over 90 days and they backed me up. I was shocked.

However, on the subject of the BBB. They are a total scam. In fact, I was blown away about how they operate when I hired a customer service person who worked there and she told me some of their SOPs. A ā€œclientā€ can basically pay their way out of a bad score. The whole operation is one that for whatever reason has been able to avoid the RICO statute. How it works is that if you pay, you get rights to dispute any claims against you. And guess who usually wins? If you donā€™t pay, then any disputes stand. Itā€™s almost like paying protection money to the mob.

As someone who has worked both sides of the BBB (as a BBB-accredited business and a consumer filing complaints) I disagree with your characterizations. The BBB absolutely is in it for the business and not the consumer, that is how they make their money, but in my opinion, they are nowhere near as bad as you imply. The reason I suggest them is that SOME companies are concerned with how they look to consumers on the BBB website. Looking at the record for BL that probably is not the case, but it seems recently they have replied so there is hope.

In fact just today I received a reply to a complaint I made against a massive corporation we probably all deal with all the time. The corp is almost impossible to get on the phone, and even if you do get them on the line, they mostly canā€™t/wonā€™t help unless the situation is obvious and common. Anything else, you are stuck. This corp has a dedicated team for BBB complaints who have FAR more power than the normal person on the phone and this is not the first time I have gotten a positive result from a BBB complaint against them.

Either way, filing a complaint costs nothing and takes only a few minutes. The OP has absolutely nothing to lose trying and MIGHT get something out of it.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the same boat as I filed a ticket on January 28 and have still not heard back. With all of the issues with the A1 I wonder if I will ever hear from them?? I only want them to confirm what I am thinking for replacement parts rather than shooting in the dark and increasing my frustration level with them.

On day 12 I did receive a response asking me to swap first stage motors (far less easy than I would have expected) and got back to them. They informed me that they would be replacing the first stage motor and that I would receive an email indicating that an order had bene placed and it was being shipped.

Three days later I have not yet received that confirming email. They closed the ticket as ā€œresolvedā€. I re-opened the ticket since it is certainly not yet resolved.

1 Like

I actually donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever experienced this kind of poor support ever.
Back and forth back and forth. Photos, videos, pleadingā€¦
They sent me a defective fan on my hot end and refuse to RMA it out.
Not the way to do thingsā€¦
If I were to show you the transcript of the chat you would laugh.

1 Like

They are not going to like my YouTube episode about Bambu Lab, their products, and especially the lack of support.

2 Likes

Careful. There are some people/mods that will call you an anti-bambu creality fan boy or something to that nature. They are very protective in this neck of the bambu forest.

Like I careā€¦
I spent $1700 on a machine that has no support and is proprietary.

1 Like

Hi @user_2749561072,

Welcome to the forum.
You soon will be able to post open a topic and show the transcript.

1 Like