Test print alignment is misaligned

Hello.

I am using the PLA white filament with the X1 printer. I have had many successful prints and now I cannot get one successful print.

Prior to printing my selected object, the X1 does what I refer to as a pre-print or test print. It does a series of printed lines that, in the past, printed perfectly. See the attached picture. The filament runs off the bed.

The printed object goes on to have spaghetti defects.

Thank you,
-Kathleen

1 Like

Check if your Nozzle is bent. What you describe is typically a result of that.

2 Likes

Thank you for the comment. See the photo. It doesn’t appear bent. (I removed the silicone sock to take the picture.)

I tried printing again…and got all sorts of ugly.

There is yellow residue on the piled up filament. Perhaps a clue to what is happening?

Should I replace the nozzle even though it does not appear bent?

With the calibration lines moved forward on the build plate it would mean the nozzle is bent forward which might be hard to see. Yes I would change it.

1 Like

Thank you. I will replace the nozzle.

The reason it leaked all that filament out in a big blob is because the nozzle is bent.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am replacing the whole hot end right now.

I ran through calibrations after replacing the hot end/ nozzle. I did another test print.

Things look better.

Then I did another print and this is what I saw. The test print has alignment issues and the object print is a disaster.

Any other thoughts since I replaced the whole hot end?

It looks like the print detached and then the nozzle dragged the filament around.

Wash the plate gently with warm water and dishwashing liquid (don’t scour it) and apply some glue. The glue stops also acts as a release agent to make it easier to remove the print when it has cooled after printing.

Thank you for the tip. I did use this glue prior to that build.

I tried printing again. This is a pentagon (object about 6mm thick). Even with this glue, it came off the build plate and the rest of the object could not be built.

I made this same part before I started having printing problems.

Question - What filament is that? I dont want to assume its the White support material or anything like that people raise, however all pictures show the same white looking filament.

Can we assume you have tried different plates as well as different filament brands or types?

Also not saying Alignment should change based on filament, but thinking outside the box here…

Also what other info can you share?
Slicer and Slicer version?
What Firmware printer is on?
Any changes like that since you last succesfully printed this model?
Can you publically share the model or link? so we can slice and review the file?

Filament is PLA Basic from Bambu.
I am just using the Bambu cooling plate (smooth, not textured)
I am using the Bambu slicer. I have the most recent version.

Any changes like that since you last successfully printed this model?
I re greased the 3 z-axis screws with the grease from Bambu labs. Yesterday, I replaced the whole hot end.

Firmware on printer: 01.07.03.00

I just ran through the flow dynamics calibration and flow rate calibration. Things looked good.

I am going to try printing an older model that worked recently and then try my newer model. I will let you know if this works. If it doesn’t, I will try to get you the model.

I appreciate your suggestions. I will keep you posted.

I appreciate your suggestions. I will keep you posted.

Great news. I modified my model (no errors from the slicer) and the print looks great. Thank you for all the help!

1 Like

When glue is re-applied, first wash the plate gently again, and then apply glue covering the whole plate, in long lines across the plate rather than a random pattern, to try get the glue layer consistent across the entire surface.

This helps when using auto-arrange if the slicer places items near the edges, especially when multiple items are printed on a plate using the “Print By Object” sequence, which tends to space items as far apart as possible to avoid the extruder colliding with objects that have already been printed, or a purge tower.

Glad its sorted out, congrats!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.