The Bambu Lab A1 is making its comeback!

I hope it arrives soon and there’s enough stock for everyone only had mine a week when recall went out really miss it

Wonder what that bump is just to the right of the bed cable…

2 Likes

To prevent the mistake people are doing, putting the printer on its back. That was the problem in the first place.

8 Likes

Got it! Also realizing that there is a second input for an AMS cable on the back of the A1, wonder if they will open it up to a second AMS or maybe something else?

Can’t wait to place my A1 order! I have an X1c with 2 AMS but want an A1 as my PLA machine.

1 Like

Hi Bambu Lab Employee are you promising to deliver the replacements to existing purchasers before shipping or selling new?

I’m sorry you missed your end of March date - I had expected a response to my ticket (as doubtless others had) as Bambu had said that would be how communications would happen…

in other words “will we absolutely receive replacements BEFORE the first week in May?”

3 Likes

Wasn’t there people saying the cable was damaged even before they had taken it out of the box? Even pics were posted.
Or are you saying that it was 100% the fault of the end users?

Could be from other sources as well, but then it was from transportation or package handling. No matter how well it’s packaged, even the bigger Bambu printers (X1 or P1) arrived with broken pieces inside at some people. Those delivery guys just throw or drop stuff sometimes.

Overall the number of people affected by this cable problem was very small, at least according to Bambu. But then I saw quite a few people posting pics on this forum, related to other problems, and I couldn’t forget how some people pushed their printer and cable as close to the wall as possible. Then it was a video or short in another place, assembling the printer by putting it on its back, when the instructions said on it’s side. How many are there that aren’t posting pics or vids of their printer and still make this basic mistake? That’s why I’m assuming it’s mostly the end user not handling it correctly. Anyway, the cable needed reinforcement regardless of what the user did or not.

1 Like

Will you provide delivery to Saudi Arabia?

When the shippments will start from germany to the rest of EU, also are we able to order at the same time with the disccount code so we can get both Heatbed and the discount voucher products ?

Any chance of an eta for the uk ?

no it wasn’t, there was an inherent design flaw that cause the internal wires to break due to work hardening, which is why BL had to redesign the entire wiring

That isn’t entirely true as the sheathing failure is what cause the “sparking” experienced by some users and was the safety issue. Wires failing due to fatigue would cause the bed to stop heating but wouldn’t be a safety concern.

2 Likes

Me and the other 99% don’t have this problem (yet). And I’ve been printing with it every day like many others did. Like I said in my previous post, the cable needed reinforcement regardless of what people did, but in the end it was a user error (not leaving space in the back or put it on its back) that made it happen much sooner.

Yeah, I’ve been printing non-stop too. It’s not like you could sue BL if anything happened anyways, with or without them acknowledging the issue. The insurance companies would find a way to shut you down.

It’s not user error, my first A1 came out perfectly, on the second one cable was bent out of the box. I checked it before i unpacked it, because all this drama about cable started few days prior to arrival. But non the less, I used them with no issues, from time to time, I was checking cables to see if they are getting warm, because that the sign of breakage, I’ve printed cable supports provided by BBL and continued using them. Maybe they would fail after extended usage, and I’m glad that BBL stepped in, with that step they bought me for life, I hope they will continue to provide support in the future as they did, also I hope that this didn’t disturb their development of new machines.
Also I hope that BBL will do better logistics for EU filament stock, it’s unacceptable the way it is now, most of the filaments are out of the stocks all the time.

Totally agree ! The kits too are most of the time out of stock .

2 Likes

Same thing in the US. Nothing available.

Wires failing due to fatigue would cause the bed to stop heating but wouldn’t be a safety concern.

This is ABSOLUTELY not true. These are stranded wires. As individual strands fail due to fatigue, current is being drawn through fewer strands, increasing load across the individual strands. Eventually, the remaining strands will be loaded enough to heat up, and potentially start a fire.

1 Like

how many time for italy? I stand with pacience, I lovely my A1