Just finished the mount for mine. Has automatic shutoff via filament runout sensor. Now that I know its running consistently, I’m reprinting some stuff in paht-cf. I ended up having to oversize the worm gear and the gear it drives in order to get the right mesh without stripping gears. For the mount, i used threaded inserts that nail in place. Covered with skateboard grip tape.
With these good bearings and the 550rpm motor, It can transfer a spool in just over 2 minutes. It could use a better motor than the $14 one I used.
Not my design. I think I stole parts of multiple remixes that are on printables. I just added my touch with skme things like the runout sensor going to the bullet connector, and resized 2 gears for better mesh. At first i was stripping gears.
These are the things I had to do to make it work.