The one string electric guitar

Just finished the mount for mine. Has automatic shutoff via filament runout sensor. Now that I know its running consistently, I’m reprinting some stuff in paht-cf. I ended up having to oversize the worm gear and the gear it drives in order to get the right mesh without stripping gears. For the mount, i used threaded inserts that nail in place. Covered with skateboard grip tape.

With these good bearings and the 550rpm motor, It can transfer a spool in just over 2 minutes. It could use a better motor than the $14 one I used.

Not my design. I think I stole parts of multiple remixes that are on printables. I just added my touch with skme things like the runout sensor going to the bullet connector, and resized 2 gears for better mesh. At first i was stripping gears.

These are the things I had to do to make it work.

2 Likes

Would love to see a video of it in action …

This looks really awesome and well designed!

Did you manage to move your filament guide automatically?

@pluckmyduck @1oo84kk

I uploaded a video to the original post.

1 Like

Awesome!

I wonder how the mechanism of your filament guide works.

Wow, thanks for the video. It’s great to see there are still motivated inventors in the world !!!

Im sure there are some who would be interested if you were to publish the gear ratios and motor you used … You never know, you might inspire another inventor.

@pluckmyduck

Not my design. I think I stole parts of multiple remixes that are on printables. I just added my touch with skme things like the runout sensor going to the bullet connector, and resized 2 gears for better mesh. At first i was stripping gears.