The printer is required to be on the same LAN as Bambu Studio

A few firmware/software revisions back, I was able to send prints from both my home computer and my work computer. Then, something changed in an update and I receive the error below from any system not on my home network.

Can we get this feature returned? Maybe institute a 2FA for systems not on the same network? This was actually quite useful back when it was working.

Do you have the printer in LAN mode? The only way you will be able to send prints to it from outside your network (work) is to use the cloud service.

4 Likes

No, Lan Only is disabled.

LAN is the Local Area Network. Local equals at home only. If you want to print from outside via Studio, use thecloud mode (the other mode).

Yes, that is why it is disabled on the printer. I am currently using the Cloud mode. I still receive the above message when attempting to send a sliced file from Bambu Studio to my printer.

Did you ever solve this? I have 3 printers and 1 (A1 Mini) randomly gets this error and the other 2 are fine. I’m using OrcaSlicer, but I get the exact same message (just replacing the slicer names).

I did not, sadly. Do you see that error while on the same network as the printers?

Any updates on this? I just got the printer (X1 carbon combo) last week, and this is just strange.

I also can’t upload to my cloud account without answering a lot of questions about licensing and questions if I have printed the thing… like I wanted to publish the model. Which I’m not interested in at the moment.

My Creality printer+slicer let med do all of these things without any problems. Upload to the cloud, in the cloud/web select what I want to print. Start the print-job. Here I’m not even allowed to send it to the SD-card on the printer remotely. It’s just strange. It obviously waits for my printer to come online as I can select it, and that is not possible when the wifi at the other location is down.
Models that I find in the cloud service have no problem downloading to the printer even though it is remote… but my Bambu Studio on Windows refuses… !?

Must be a bug in the program… or? it asks for my IP-adress on the LAN.

Short - It works with a VPN-connection!

I tried an already existing Open VPN connection from my computer to the place were my printer is, and then I could enter the IP-address of the printer and Voila! it actually worked, even though I am now at home and my printer is at another location.