The running joke of sold out items on BambuLab.com

So I really really really REALLY want to stay within the Bambu Lab ecosystem. I want BL filaments and build plates, but it’s impossible with how everything is always sold out. I set up notifications and they are sold out the instant I click the email. Transparent PETG has been sold out for several months, the 2-Sided smooth PEI sheet for months, filaments are always out, Been trying to buy PVA since it was announced. I hate going to amazon and buying another brand, please help us help you - order more supply lol. What a problem to have, Bambu Lab!

3 Likes

It’s been out of stock for a minute, and then they discontinued it! Like there’s not even another Transparent PETG. They have the Translucent PETG, but they don’t have a clear one like the PETG Basic Transparent. Uggh, Why Bambu?! Why?! (I just saw that it got moved into the PETG Translucent grouping and is back. Alright, alright, I jumped the gun a little in my complaint)

I had several rolls of the stuff and was loving it. I have been waiting to order more to finish up some projects. Rather frustrating that they just silently discontinued it like that. (Not to worry anymore, as my above comment notes)

Makes me think of the PLA Basic Green. That was an interesting green and I liked it a lot, but I only ever managed to get my hands on one roll. I spent months waiting for that particular color to come back into stock before they just silently discontinued it.

Yeah, and right after I discovered their PLA Tough line, they discontinued that too.

I’m mixed on my feelings about their stock issues. I don’t always think it’s too bad. It can be a little frustrating at times with the way the stock wavers, but generally with a little patience, most the time it’s not too bad. There are a few things that just seem perpetually out of stock (Looking at you P1S extruder filament sensor), and then sometimes they just silently discontinue those things while you’re waiting for them to ever restock it, like with that Transparent PETG.

The A1 will be hitting the market against soon. It’ll be interesting to see if that impacts stock levels any. I almost imagine a surge of user activity.

1 Like

The rampant discontinuations are frustrating. It’s like falling in love with this week’s special menu item at Taco Bell because it will be gone next week likely to never return. Oh Lava Sauce, how I miss you :broken_heart:

But seriously, it makes you second guess buying any new filament Bambu releases because you may love it and not be able to ever buy it again. They need a guarantee to not give up in 5 minutes as part of their filament store.

1 Like

Try being in the U.K., we still don’t have hardware kits every other territory has had for a while, the boat and clock have only just become available.

The P1S isn’t and hasn’t been available for weeks.

Great looking filament colours are a no go. I asked @Josh-3D about the colours uses (in his crates & stands), that was a couple of months ago, those metal filament colours are still not available here. In fact, at least half of all filaments are unavailable most of the time.

Incredibly difficult to match colours for the same project styles if the supplier can’t produce them. BL have abandoned entire ranges of filament before.

Recently the CMYK bundle disappeared, it has just returned with a ‘new’ label attached, does this mean those who bought it before will experience different pigments from the earlier mix?

1 Like

I know the pain with the UK also, for what’s its worth no company want’s to be “sold out” as end of day that means they are losing out on a sale, seems they just can’t match the supply, growing pains and international deliveries.

I have a feeling that new label is just a feature the store software adds for products that been recently added.

Looking on the listing page everything seems to be the same with no mention of “new” or changes and being that BL show the HEX Codes for the colours I think your be safe.

It’s a bad plan to only rely on one supplier. (Toyota realised that many years ago.) I’m in UK, I buy filament made in UK, direct from the factory. but I also buy other brands from Amazon, elsewhere. The only need I see for a specific colour, is if I had a customer who wanted a specific brand (but I haven’t any customers). There is no guarantee that a relatively small filament reseller will be able to supply consistent colours, since they are basically ‘badge engineering’. The only bbl filament I have used was from the small sample provided with the printer. It worked well, but was nothing special.

I’m assuming this was directed at me.

I haven’t bought any BL filaments as yet, partly because they cost far too much (even before the delivery charge) and partly because the ones I have focused on have been out of stock.

I bought all of mine from Amazon and many different brands.

Having more than one filament brand still doesn’t guarantee continuity of supply let alone continuity of colour match. I’m currently struggling to get a pure red that I’ve enjoyed for sometime. Currently, most brands appear to have introduced a bit of yellow into the blend.

If you’re happy to share that information I would be grateful. You can direct message me if you don’t wish to post here.

Here’s a link to their recent u-tube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArGXfwm3Z8E You should be able to get a phone number and address from there.

Thanks, I’ll check them out.

I’ve stated sometime ago that this (although not proven besides the occurrence happening very frequently if not for a looong time [TPU45-HF])

This makes for a great build up of demand and sales. I’ve honestly only purchased out of pocket like 4 spools of bambu filament haha. I don’t see their filament competing with other brands that have been around much longer and not to mention cheaper.

I love that they’ve introduced colors to harder materials like ABS/PA/ASA but I’ve used Matterhackers pro series PAHT-CF/NylonX/PET and have never failed me and sell for alot cheaper in bulk and standard sized amounts. Last sale I got 5kgs - NylonX for $180… compared to BL’s $90/1kg… I also don’t trust their material specifications what so ever simply due to why would I? That’s just my opinion and I go with more reliable sources but I do wish to see someone in the near future actually test within the same scenarios and compare to what they state their filament is.

Looks like Transparent PETG just got reclassified h see the PETG Translucent section and is now back in stock (at least in the U.S.) and is also on sale: