Thoughts on the new regular A1?

So bambu just announced there regular sized A1 bedslinger, thoughts?

They promised not to make any bed slinger printers. This is the second time they have failed to deliver on that promise.

I’m honestly not sure why this bothers people. It’s not like they are discontinuing Core X/Y machines?

6 Likes

It doesn’t bother me. It’s just a conclusion.

Things change including their perspective on bedslingers. And that’s good actually.

I have both the A1m w/ AMS lite and X1C w/ AMS. If I needed a third printer to print PLA and PETG and was picking between an X1 and an A1 with the same print volume I think I’d go with the A1. It’s quieter, about the same speed, and the color changing is more reliable. Also, the AMS Lite has required far less troubleshooting compared to the AMS and is far easier to troubleshoot. I’ve had to take the AMS apart several times to fish out a bit of broken filament which was blocking it from functioning. It’s not hard but it is way more involved than what the AMS lite requires.

1 Like

Its extra funny if you go back and read old comments from the forums top users. Comments about bedslingers and the feasibility of scaling.

I bet it doesnt bother people. Theyre just noticing that within a year, they went directly against their own mission statement. Showing that they really didnt know a ton about printers when they got started. Seems that one of them probably had a voron and another had a prusa. They then applied tech knowledge from the drone industry. It was perfect timing for them because Klipper, voron and prusa had done the leg work.

Not a hater but also not a sheep.