Tool Head Issue with X1C after 1 month

Hello Bambu Lab Community

As a fairly new member in this community, I wanted to ask for some help with the issue I am having with my X1C. In this February, my girlfriend and my close friends gathered up some money to buy me X1C with AMS package. I am very grateful for them to buy me such a high priced gift, and at the same time, I am very sad and disappointed with the issue that I am having with my printer.

I noticed the problem on first week of April. I have not printed anything about a week, so issue might have occurred earlier. I did not abused my printer or did any modification. It just randomly started having issue when I tried to print like any normal days. The issue I am having is the whole tool head does not working at all.

The error message that I get is [HMS_0500_0300_0001_0002: The tool head is malfunctioning. Please restart the device].

Issues that I am having are:

LED light doesn’t turn on
x/y/z axis does not move
hotend is not heating
cooling fan does not turn on
And for some reason AMS is not getting connected as well.

Here is a video that shows my problem.

I have created a ticket for my issue and the response I got so far is to provide more detail such as photos and videos of AP board and some QR codes. So I am waiting till they come up with a solution. But oh boy, they take a long time to response…
As I am pretty impatient, I tried restarting the printer and resetting to factory setting. And nothing fixed it. I have tried replacing the USB C cable as one of the solution stated in Bambu Lab Wiki, and no luck with that as well.

As you can see in the video, AP board works (I think); the two LED lights are on and it is normal for the other one to blink. My guess is that I have a faulty TH board set, but I could be wrong as I don’t see any damage or burnt mark on the board at all.

If Bambu warranty does not cover the cost of fixing my printer, then I am willing to buy the TH board set. However, TH board set is not in stock at the moment in US. It is in stock everywhere except for US region (I am wondering, can’t they just sent me one from Canda)… Bambu say it will be restocked before April 13th, but now that schedule got delayed till 16th. And I have a feeling it is going to get delayed more.

I love the printer. It is far much better tech and high quality print, than the Creality printer I had. But with this high price, breaking within little bit over a month is a big disappointment. I do understand that it is relatively new company and there could be few mistakes, but slow customer service response and uncertainty of the crucial replacement part availability questions the reliability of this brand. I guess I am taking this issue personally, since it was a gift from my dear people who wanted to support my hobby. And it is sad for me to see how it all broke down after a month.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the Bambu printer and that is why I am ranting in this post because I want to fix this and start printing again. If anyone else is having a similar issue like mine. It would be great if you can share your experience in the comment. Any solution to this issue, suggestions, or your on going process of the issue would be great. Hope I am not alone here, if I am, hope I can help out others when my issue is resolved.

Thanks for reading

Hello,
I’m French and I have the same problem since this morning :sob::sob:. I want to cryyy. I create a ticket and now I’m waiting for the response !! I hope we can solve the problem soon.:sob:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you are having a similar problem. Hope yours get fixed soon. I’ve been talking to customer support for a week and on Monday they sent out a replacement parts. I am hoping replacing TH board set and the cable would fix the problem.

1 Like