Toolhead constantly crashing into the purge shoot

Has anyone encountered the toolhead repeatedly going to the front right corner and then slamming back into the purge shoot lever prior to a print… I mean like 8-9 times in a row! I thought it was just the P1 machines but one of my X1C just did it too! I tried vanilla BS with all BS settings and a BS Cube nothing influencing it from my own settings and it still does it. Tried going down one version on the FW but still the same… any ideas?

Let me clarify what I’ve done… I am using the correct printer in slicer, I’ve tried both BS and Orca, I’ve done a factory reset, diagnostics and full calibration, I’ve backed the firmware down, tried different sd cards, checked for nozzle/extruder clogs, rebooted my home network, used a laptop instead of my regular pc, tried different models, tried different Ams unit, tried different filament (just because)…

1 Like

Did you try power cycle and recalibrating the printer?

Rather than just a power cycle I’d restore the factory settings and then recalibrate.

1 Like

Verify that the correct printer is set in the slicer.
X1C and P1P do this if accidentally A1 (mini) is chosen.

1 Like

Yes I have and factory reset

Is the cutting lever moving freely, or is there any blockage of the extruder movement?

If you didnt already, record it, copy the log files and open a trouble-ticket in case you can’t find a solution.

1 Like

You don’t have anything interfering by any chance like a chute cap, motor dust cap or cable management rail you added?

i do not have anything interfering

Did you remove the grey piece of plastic that sits in the top front right of the machine? I experienced something similar to this when I first unpacked my machine, but after removing that grey plastic piece I haven’t had any other issues.

The machine has been working flawlessly for a year now… no plastics or tape from original packaging are still on it.

I had some problems like that and it turned out to be dirty carbon rods. They were sticky feeling and would hardly move. Cleaned with alcohol and fixed the issue. I have to clean the rods much more often than they recommend.

I had seen a post suggesting that and so I cleaned the rods and lead screws, re-lubed lead screw ans did a full calibration an it… still no joy…

i just now experienced this exact same thing after getting weird sounds when the bed moves (mostly down). Doing a self check right now!
And nothing turned out, sadly. Does this happen every time before you print? And if it happens, does your print start eventually?

Print does eventually start after a bunch of slamming around… question… did you happen to do any upgrades to the ptfe tube tunnel thing that goes into the tool head? I think I’ve narrowed it down to the 2 little screws that hold it in place we’re just a bit too tight and somehow we’re causing a sensor or something behind the plastic they screw into to malfunction.

i do use a ptfe tube guide, but ive installed it probably two months ago, so i dont think thats the cause? after the self testing i did a powercycling and now my print started just fine, really weird!