Toolhead crashes and front cover is knocked off

When I start a print or home the printer the tool head crashes into the front left corner and knocks the front cover off, if I then replace it eventually it says that the cutter is stuck, I have made adjustments and even changed the cutter but can’t get a print to start.
Has anyone experienced this and did you solve it?

This seemed to be common when Markerworld was first brought online and people were sending prints with the wrong (A1) profiles. Bambu Studio now presents an error when the wrong printer is selected but this doesn’t work if the files are saved to SD card and manually transferred.

6 Likes

Thanks for your reply, Jon!
I went back into the file I was printing and all seemed correct, however, I decided to try to print another file, one that had previously printed correctly, and no crash, I decided to try a new file from Makerworld and again no crash.
When I have the time I will sift through the G code to try to determine what is going on, maybe it is a rogue file, I saved the file to an SD card when this issue raised itself and I printed from the SD card, whether that is relevant I don’t yet know
I can’t believe I did not try this before reaching out to the community.

Andrew

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.