TPU Module Question

Has anyone figure out a way to make the TPU feed assist module for an X1 using Ender parts? I have 3 Enders that would love to donate some of their limbs.

Doable in concept. The software side would kill though.

I was thinking using an AMS connection board, Im assuming thats what BL is using in the module. I believe.

Mellow LLL Plus. There’s even a model on MakerWorld for a Bambu-optimized enclosure.

Parts are like $20 if you want to build it up yourself, and it’s control logic is entirely self-contained so it only needs power to function.

I only brought up because I have a spare con board. I am trying to plan it out in theory.

Fair enough!

Look at how the LLL Plus is constructed, it’s a dead simple design you could copy, and honestly, could potentially be built using an entirely switch-based control system.

A filament detection switch on the inlet side to trigger the feed motor, and a buffer on the outlet that triggers a microswitch when it’s pushed sufficient tension, this cuts power to the feed motor.

Surprised no-one has made something like this to feed filaments from 3kg and 5kg spools through a standard Bambu extruder. Plenty of threads here about Bambu machines not being able to pull from 3kg spools.

There is.

Interesting. Thank you.

Now I know what to look for I also found this one (EDIT This one claims to work with TPU)

https://wiesag.com/products/endless-printer

I run 3kg from a dry box directly to a Bambu lab printer, I did have to adjust some settings do to some under extrusion.