TPU with support on A1 Mini

Has anyone attempted printing TPU with PLA support using the Mini AMS? Is it even possible. The mini would be a great solution versus buying a 2 head printer.

I tried TPU in the AMS Lite, a single color can be done…two colors can not.
I id print a TPU & PLA model without any problems, but it was layered as a test.

What you want to do, I don’t think can be done.
When trying to print 2 colors of TPU in the AMS Lite, the switch was the problem.
It under extruded bigtime…so I don’t think it would purge the PLA & TPU change to well…JMO.

I want to print a bellow/boot-accordian like. Single color, it goes from small to large with overhang, so it needs support. Saw blade teeth like
Thinking TPU with PLA as the support. People talk about TPU but the X! cant use the ams, and i have not seen anyone talk about TPU on a single head that requires support.
I was thinking of buying a different machine with a dual head, but was curious if anyone has done this and had luck.
There are a couple of threads about running TPU thru the Mini AMS, but require mods to the machine.

Someone was claiming to run TPU through an AMS not too long ago. I wouldn’t because an AMS can really squeeze and mark regular filament. Also, TPU is pretty “sticky” for the tubing and couplings. I’m afraid it may jam and break something.

I’ve printed TPU with moderate overhangs without a problem. If you keep the bellows to 45* or less, it should print fine. TPU comes in many forms–Soft and firm. Even the most common firm stuff will work fine as a bellows. Do you have a Durometer Hardnes for your TPU?

TPU wont work in the standard AMS. It is to flexible, not sticky. The standard bambu printer uses a gear to pull the material, and that’s what jams the printer.
I am looking at the AMS lite for the A1 mini.
The feed system is different. I have been told there has been some success, but want a definate yes, before buying, otherwise i will buy a dual head printer that has success doing so. i was just looking to do it out of the standard Bambu material.
Running flat TPU has given me nothing but headaches, stringing mess.

Thanks for the input.

I’ve run TPU through my printer and it didn’t jam anything. Pulling is fine. It’s the “Push” in the AMS that can cause a jam. That’s why BL suggests TPU be used externally. As I said, someone claimed to have run TPU in an AMS, but I wouldn’t. And yes, one of the TPU types I have feels sticky, tacky, soft, flexible and down-right limp. Another type has what seems like a powder coating to help keep from jamming, I guess.