Trying to do a factory reset

I am frustrated because I cannot find how to do a factory reset on my p1s. I searched the web and there is no mention on how to do it. I have reached the point where I am thinking of returning the printer and buying another brand like Prusa. My little ender 3 was more reliable. I have just one chance to fix all the problems with factory reset but how?

1 Like

Go to the settings on the left, and it should be on the bottom of the page. What kind of issues are you having?

1 Like

There is no reset setting.
Some of the many problems I have are
Prints are ok on x and y axis but z axis prints the part 0.4mm higher on a 20x20x20mm cube.
Sometimes the nozzle scrapes the part during printing.
The quality of prints have degraded greatly.
I have recalibrated, dried extensively the filament, and have dpne everything I can to solve these problems. I am totally frustrated. How can Bambu not give us z axis calibration? How can Bambu not give us a way to revert to older firmware.
My printer is only one month old.

1 Like

It’s just below the Calibration menu

What infill type are you using?

4 Likes

I am using 100% infill. I had not changed any setting. The problem just appeared. My settings are all default.

Oh ok I saw it. Thank you very much.

100% infill will most likely cause issues with both nozzle “scraping” and z height.

Is there a reason you are printing with that much infill?

3 Likes

I use 100% infill because the parts I print undergo pressure testing and only 100% infill can withstand the stress. I have been using 100% infill for years on other printers without any problems. If bambu know that some configurations cause problems then they should make it so one cannot use such configurations.

1 Like

100% infill is often a problem because slight over extrusion leads to issues as there is no where for the excess filament to go. Have you calibrated the filament? Is the filament a consistent diameter?

Pictures of the problem print are also very helpful.

3 Likes

Questions.

Did you adjust your belts when you first got printer and run the calibration? They do ship the printer intentionally overtightened for shipping. Do you use a custom profile or the Generic PLA profile?

Can you possibly use the carbon fiber filament with a different infill to handle the load? Of course that requires a different hot end but may have the strength you need to handle the pressure?

I feel your pain. I’ve had my P1P, upgraded to P1S and recently it’s just started failing on prints and nothing I do is fixing it.

I’ve tried calibrating filaments and the machine, different filaments including esun, bambulab, overture, but all have the same varied issues.

The quality has deteriorated and I get different kinds of problems including warped shapes on cycles, hexagons and details, poor layer adhesion and lumpy prints which also scrape the hotend.

I’ve changed the hotend to the spare one that came with it but no change.

When I first got it I printed some tests including the first layer full bed test and it was perfect but now it just falls apart into single strands.

I’m going to print more tests and then contact Bambu Lab and see how it goes big right now I’m giving up and looking at other brands in the hope of less issues and decent support.

1 Like

I, for one, cannot get this calibration option to show up on my LCD. No matter how many times I try, I cannot navigate to it. And when I choose the Calibration option in BS, I get photos of good and bad prints. I did calibrate it once before, so there must be two options: One gives you cal options, the other shows you photos. Very frustrating! It seems I’m stuck in a printer ecosystem wrought with problems. And how can I unload this thing to someone else? Wouldn’t be ethical. Probably not even possible.

Calibrating the printer and Filament calibration are two entirely different things.

Calibrating the printer is done via the display and it will run a calibration sequence that is about 10-15 minutes long.

Calibrating the filament is done via the slicer.

Scroll down the page in the Calibration tab, the buttons are at the bottom.