Two much needed features

Printer is great, software is great, but there are 2 things I really need:

1. Ability to control the exhaust fan (for after ABS print, and other reason, but like the control over the AUX fan)
  2. Ability to access the video recordings without having to eject the SD card each time. We can access the Timelapse’s, but not the video recordings?
10 Likes

I’d like to add a little safety feature where it won’t let you extrude if the hot end is not at extrusion temperature. My crappy printers do that, it can’t be that hard.

Yes controlling exhaust fan from screen is a must!

1 Like

I don’t want that locks. Just read the temp before extruding.

1 Like

Ditto. I need it so I don’t hear the aux fan whirling when I have already finished for the day.

Love this! Maybe at least on the local network. I am not sure how much Bambu Lab is willing to open their printer to local access but this would make some sense at least in LAN mode.

2 Likes

In the meantime, for the exhaust fan, you could create 2 small .gcode files (call them “turn fan ON.gcode” and “turn fan OFF.gcode”)and copy them to your microSD card.
Command M106 P3 S255 ; turns the fan ON at 100%… use S128 for fan at 50% and so on
and M106 P3 S0 ; turns the fan OFF

Because of couple of print service/UI bugs, use comment lines to make the files more than 1K character big, and also add the M400 S1 command for a 1 sec delay.

And that way you now have manual control of the exhaust fan to use when your ABS print is done.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I like it this way so I can change filament and just hit the load twice to make sure its all the way to the hot end and then start the print later.

2 Likes

Thanks Larry, yes I’ve been sharing those in the Discord channel too, we kinda discovered this when the need was originally raised and @mowcius had already done the hard to work to discover what gcode controlled the fans. This is the version we have been sharing that just needs a G28 to home and end the “print”, but to have a less cumbersome control is what we really need (also should be built into the end gcode of any ABS print:

2 Likes

That’s interesting and very helpful info. That explains a few of the oddities I’d experienced when hand-writing G-code files for the X1.

1 Like

How about preventing extrusion when no magnetic sheet bed is seen; I almost did this but caught it just in time