Unable to send prints to printer from Studio to printer

Suddenly, when I send a print to the printer (LAN ONLY) it will fail maybe 5-10 times, then suddenly it works! I have tried resetting the printer, resetting Studio etc. It just suddenly starts working.
Error Code: 4020
Error Description: Failed to upload print file to FTP. Check network status (There is nothing wrong with my network, I can see and control the printer temperature, speed, AMS selection etc.)
Error Info: FTP code 55

Same here on a LAN connected X1E. Same FTP error 4020. Sometimes you can make a small change to what’s on the build plate and it will go. Sometimes you can send the same file from a different computer and it will go just fine. Always, you can slice to a file and then move the item over to the printer with FileZilla (FTP) and then run it from the printer console.

I opened a ticket on this a while ago and they came back with it as a verified problem. I’m sure someone is hunting for it in the code … maybe. They really need to get SD card access working in LAN Only mode.

OK, I’ll try to slice to a file. Uhhhh…how do I do that?

In the upper right where it says “Print Plate”, drop the arrow down and instead select “Export plate sliced file”.

It will generate a .3mf file with “.gcode” in the middle that you can send over to the printer or put on the SD card. Then on the printer console, you can select to print your file that’s now on the SD card.

1 Like

I’d check for IP conflicts.

Get “There was a problem parsing your file, resend” I did, and this same exact file I printed earlier today with no problems. So, I can’t send over the LAN, and I can’t send via SD card. A $1000 door stop?

Lexi, what kind of IP conflicts? my router is set up for DHCP, there are no other duplicate IP’s, and some times, it just prints OK. It’s funny other people have the same problem, but there does not seem to be any resolution.

Thank you very much, I did not know that was there!

It was just a suggestion.
It could be that the DHCP server assigned your Printer an IP that another device has set statically.
Strange things happen when there are IP conflicts. Often times the device will appear to work fine one minute and not respond the next.
Such as your printer responding to simple MQTT requests to change parameters like temperatures, but large amounts of data transfers like a G-code file erroring out as the printer drops it connection because of a conflict.
If you’re certain this is not the case, then it is likely something else.

Lexi, you could be right. Here is what I discovered:

1. Printer IP is 192.168.1.218
  2. Panda device is 192.168.1.205
    Different IP’s, but when I turn the Panda off, all my problems disappear!
    also, I discovered that the gateway was set at 20 MB, when I set it up to 40 MB, everything works again, WITH THE PANDA ONLINE.
    How about that? What am I missing? Well, I also reset the router, which also changed the channel - I think that may have been part of the problems - I now see a stronger signal when looking at the WI-FI indicator in BBL Studio (device screen, above status upper left, originally saw only one flashing green symbol, I now see 2 solid symbols)

You’re running a Panda touch?
I don’t know much about that.
I’m glad you got it sorted though!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.