Unload and load external filament when AMS still connected

When i cannot use the AMS for filament on a too large spool, i can connect a tube from my drybox to the X1 (disconnecting the AMS ptfe-tube). I can then print a file on the sd card and choose not to use the AMS and then print. (You cannot choose the filament in the slicer as external and different filament…it has to be the same as it is in the chosen AMS filament. )
When i want to unload the loaded external filament , there is no unload button available on the printer, neither in the app or Bambu Studio. I have to power down the X1 , remove the electrical AMS plug…power on the X1 and then can use the unload button in the menu.
Or maybe i am missing it and just don’t see this right… ;-}

2 Likes

I just heat up the hotend and then push the extrude up button a few times on the printer screen.

It is possible yes, but at an enhanced risk of clogging the nozzle and your filament will not be automatically cut.

Not very convenient, but after a reboot of the X1 at least it brings back the unload button if you have feed external filament before. No need to disconnect the AMS from the machine - at least with the latest FW tested.

And you can start a print from the slicer without AMS - just deselect the AMS when send it to the printer