I think this is usual at least, as I couldn’t find anything similar.
I’m printing batches of a simple handle, essentially a curvy cylinder. They print well except one in each batch, which usually has a few nodules on it. I worked out this was always the back right handle, so I assume that is where it starts, or ends, each layer or something like that.
So, I’ve added a sacrificial tower so that gets messed up and all the handles work. That has done the job nicely.
This is the sacrificial tower, and I found this very interesting. Firstly, it is MUCH MUCH more messed up than the dozen or so lumps I was getting on that one handle. Secondly … it seems to print perfectly well for the first half then goes absolutely nuts. As I said, though, it’s only on this and all the handles printed perfectly all the way up.
Any ideas? My only thought is that as this little tower is thin (6mm diameter) maybe it bends more as it gets higher.
It’s not a problem I need solved, as the print now works fine, but I’m stumped at the behavious.
