Updated: Local Printing - Now failing with FTP Access Denied Errors

Same here. 3mf file was creating error 4020, importing as STL and I was able to send the file.

Same problem, seemingly out of nowhere. Switching to ā€œsendā€ works.

So odd, and concerning.

Same, I opened a ticket with Bambu and they confirmed they could reproduce it. The error mentioned something about being denied access when changing subdirectories.
Sometimes just printing from a different machine works. Iā€™ve taken to just sending files over and starting them from the printer console when it happens.

Hopefully itā€™s fixed in a new release soon. I think weā€™re due for a new release to update the s/w for new filament profiles anyway.

Had the same problem. FWIW, I turned off the printer completely (mains off), closed and started Bambu Studio again. Then I tried the Send, nothing happened, then I tried Print Plate and it works fine again, in LAN mode.

Just a note here. ā€œSendā€ transfers the file to the SD card but doesnā€™t start it. ā€œPrintā€ transfer the file to the printer (internal memory on the X series and SD on the P series) and starts it.

1 Like

I have just encountered a problem very similar to the above. I have poked around a bit and
feel it is most likely a cloud server issue. Hereā€™s what I see.

System: x1E running latest firmware (4/24).
Date: 4/16/24 and 4/17/24

Successfully sliced a design using Bambu Studio (ver 1.8.4.51).
On 4/16:
Using Bambu Studio:
-Send file to microSD using Bambu Studio fails. Progress bar rapidly advances to 99%
and then pauses until transfer fails with FTP timeout.
-Using Bambu Studio Device Tab, check display of microSD. File appears and all
options (Delete, Print, Download) appear functional.
-Using Bambu Studio Device Tab (not the Print command on the preview page), attempts
to print above file immediately fail with FTP complaint (donā€™t recall wording). Repeated
attempts all fail in same fashion.
-On all FTP failures, checked Bambu cloud server status - all green, no problems indicated.
Using LCD panel on x1e:
-Print command of above file succeeds. Clearly file transferred properly.
Using Filezilla (free FTP utility):
-After exporting above file from Bambu Studio to Windows file system, tested FTP
transfers from PC to printer. All transfer tests were successful. Clearly FTP to
printer works properly.

On 4/17:
Using Bambu Studio:
-Send command, same file successfully transferred to microSD.
Progress bar rapidly ramped up to 100% and, after about 2 sec., window closed
indicating successful operation. Verified file present using Bambu Studio Device
page.
-Using Bambu Studio Device page, all attempts to Print same file immediately
failed.
-Using Bambu Studio Print command on Preview page, file successfully transferred
to cloud and back down to printer and began printing.

So, I believe there is some transient issue in the cloud service that, unfortunately, does not
appear as a service outage/problem on the Bambu cloud server status page.

i also have a question about why the Bambu Studio Device page Print command (for any
of the microSD files) is attempting to do any FTP file transfers. All the other commands
on the Device page appear to simply be remote versions of the LCD display functions.
Why is the Print command attempting to re-transfer (and re-transfer from where? PC,
cloud server cache?) when the LCD printer display simple starts printing the (already)
locally stored file?

Iā€™m still trying to get a clearer picture of how Bambu Studio file manipulations actually
behave. The above mysterious behavior isnā€™t helping. Any comments welcome.

I think itā€™s clearly a problem with the 3mf file.
As mentioned above, if you export it as an stl file and load it in a new project, it works without problem.
The obvious solution so far is to give up the existing project settings, export it as stl, and then load and use the exported stl file in a new project.

yup, thanks. pretty sure itā€™s the specific .3mf file thatā€™s throwing the problem. i was worried for a sec. phewā€¦