User Spamming 'Fast Profile' is using Fake/Photoshopped Images

It’s pretty frustrating that such a blatant attempt to defraud the community, and steal the images from others is not punished for more than a few hours.

I stopped posting picture-less profiles when they sent out the annoucement, I stopped rating my profiles when it was discussed on the forums as problematic, and this guy is going around photoshopping pics and rating himself, and spamming his “★ 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭 ‣” profiles without testing them, and seeing massive numbers as a result. That’s not right.

His response to this thread is to add ‘Haters go brrrr’ to his profile.

3 Likes

He also stole pictures from me. After MW deleted the profiles, he had new ones again 1 hour later.
He has now created 145 new profiles in 1 day. 14 pieces in 1 minute, how does that work?

1 Like

Either he’s crazy or he knows how to program and has automated it.

But even then I don’t understand the people behind Makerworld, they should stop earning points on an account altogether if there are such massive inconsistencies.

1 Like

My guess is that MW privated everything, combed through the models and later made the rest that “seemed legit” public again. Since many of the recovered ones still have the download counts.

1 Like

Ok, also a solution.

1 Like

I responded to the last support message (that I shared above) about how that user still has models/profiles on his account and the support responded that they will communicate with the other support team members about why the suspension was lifted.

So it seems that a suspension did take place, but AneoPsy somehow appealed and got it undone. Then it seems like AneoPsy is very unhappy with me because they started to make more profiles for my models right away, and it looks like I’m the only user that they’re following now…

1 Like

As a model designer and maker I’ve experienced the same issues outlined in this thread. The Print Profile system is too easily abused and has created a breeding ground for spammers and scammers. The only solution here is giving designers full control over whether or not to allow third party print profiles on their own models and if designers do allow them they need full control over removing them at will.

6 Likes

This is not the only solution.

2 Likes

As I was reading through I thought exactly the same, and I think there’s a quite easy solution (and easy also for Maker World): Let the creators moderate themselves the allowed slicing profiles.

First, the author’s profiles should be clearly visible, then the others should go through the author’s approval. Simple for MW, simple for the authors too.

Sincerely, I don’t yet like MW too much and keep using Printables because I don’t want to download printer profiles which mess with my BambuStudio more than I like. I prefer to download just the mesh and make the adjustements myself, and the times I’ve tried MW I didn’t like at all the amount of profiles I see to download instead of just the files. This is just my personal opinion.

3 Likes

Just click the download files button? No need to touch Profiles

1 Like

User KenPrint3D is doing the same thing - spamming print profiles. As of now they have 477 profiles. They are creating profiles of EVERYONE’S work. They made profiles for almost every one of my models. Maker World told me to report the individual profiles by clicking the 3 dots and clicking report…but there’s not 3 dots on their profiles to click to report. I sent a screenshot of the account showing 477 print profiles, so we’ll see if they do anything.

1 Like

You can report them by selecting the profile on your model, clicking the three dots here, and then ‘report’:

Then you can select ‘Profile’ and it’ll show the profile you selected just earlier:

1 Like

What would you report them for? Unlike AneoPsy, this user appears to post actual photos of the prints. While I’m not fond of all the extra (especially ‘fast’) profiles littering models, anyone can add profiles with a verification image. If the community wants this to change, we need to provide feedback to Bambu and not abuse the reporting system.

1 Like

This is why we can’t have nice things there’s always someone spoiling it for the rest. Good on OP for catching this.

3 Likes

any update on this?

1 Like

Yeah I saw you reported my stuff what’s the problem with the files I did uploaded ??? Are you jealous in some way ? I did printed your parts and I did posted a real print profile and my personal real picture so what is it with you ? Me being too fast for you ? If the name tag annoys you well I’ve asked the team and it was okay to do it for others I’ve seen a couple do the same as I do so I’m just following the flow and I didn’t steal any pictures I printed all parts . Woke up during night and printed more and more … so what is the problem ???

2 Likes

You know that when you report print profiles they actually need to have some issue ? Where are my issues other then you being jealous or having some issue my friend ?

1 Like

Also if you look at the latest post I was making I stated that I will remove the fast tag and will change them to something else as it annoys people. Thank you

1 Like

I think most of us are of the consensus that it’s all good as long as you have an original picture that proves you printed it.

The :star:fast stuff is whatever, if that’s how you wanna market you do you. It just tends to be the :star:fast posters who don’t bother with real pictures (implying they don’t even test the profile).

I do think there is an abuse of reports being exhibited here, it shouldn’t be reported just because you dislike an author, or dislike that they have a lot of profiles…that’s not a valid report reason.

2 Likes

Thank you … really not fair for me being banned 30days when aneopsy got away with 12h … I don’t think I did anything wrong and if I did well it wasn’t intentional. I have reported a lot of fake profiles without pictures or stolen models . If I wouldn’t care about the community I wouldn’t do so and wouldn’t be here now complaining about the system not being perfect.

1 Like