Using the Single Spool

I’ve had my Carbon X1C for a few weeks. Everything has been great using the AMS. I tried the single spool for the first time today and can’t seem to make it work. I can follow the Bambo video for loading and unloading the filament from the back and that works as it should. I can’t manage to get Bambu Studio to use the single spool. On the Device page, I have the single spool selected and the filament shows as coming from it. But when I go to the Prepare page, all I ever see are the 4 slots for the AMS. A single spool is not displayed anywhere that I can see. Where might I be going wrong?

The filament dropdown box on the Prepare page allows you to select any of your AMS slots, but if you scroll down, it also has a list of other filaments, including any profiles you modify or create yourself.

So you can just choose one of those which also include Bambu’s own filaments, or make your own custom profile for whatever non-bambu filament you might be using.

That drop-down menu just features the AMS at the top, but nothing stops you choosing something else.

When it comes to actually printing, you get a chance to make sure your chosen material actually matches to where it’s loaded.

The Prepare page is just for conveniently choosing what material you’re slicing G-Code for. It doesn’t actually directly map to a filament location on your printer. That’s done when you go to actually print, on that popup which allows you to choose which calibrations you want to perform.

Thank you ivovic. I tried to do as you said and these screen pictures show where I’m stuck now. I have the single spool filament loaded properly as it shows on my Device page. However, when I go to print it, the 2nd picture is what I see. Only the 4 slots of the AMS. I think you described that at that point I should be able to select the single spool spot. I unplugged the AMS and was able to print from the single spool. Just not with the AMS running.

Yes it is a bit confusing, Actually in the prepare page you need to use the sign ‘-’ on the filament to remove multiple colors. And select the proper profile , On top of that you have colors 1,2,3,4 or even more but you have to map them to the AMS, which i do on two steps select the AMS filament slot with some profile, and then change to custom profile. but to use external Spool you need before the print to specify not to use AMS( Untick AMS when you click print) . I disconnect my AMS sometimes as often forget especially if the external filament broke or was unloaded and forget top untick the AMS usage.

Captura de ecrã 2023-07-15 202243
I think this is what you are looking for. Deselect the option “Enable AMS” and the printer will use the external spool.

2 Likes

Wow. Thank you guys. Now I feel really old not seeing that. Right in front of me. Oh well. I’m lucky this is an active forum with good people.