Vacuum bags that actually work?

I use this NanoVac Vaccum Pump for airlock filament vacuum sealing system

I just added a write-up showing how I get my Esun system to work well.

https://amzn.to/3Rn2jyn - GEEETECH 5PCS Vac Bags… in GER €4/pp… it’s too expensive, so now I use cerial boxes €4.20 each… last forever and don’t crackle :wink:
edit:

I still have a few bags that are in good condition, I use them until they die and then never use them again

I initially bought a eSun package with some bags and a usb pump. The first batch of bags had a plastic sticker membrane type valve and I had four that failed and despite replacing the sticker they were never airtight again.

I have since purchased some from eSun direct and they have a fixed solid valve on them now. The usb pump doesn’t work as well with the new valve but I’ve had no failures with the new design.

So +1 for the eSun bags.

I’m started with vacuum bags too. Bought from Aliexpress, they were only able to keep the vacuum about 2 weeks. Mostly they failed. Then I switched to a vacuum sealer for food with bags from a role like @Ceppetoswerkstatt mentioned. Luckily I was able to use the bags with a width of 30 cm (not only 28cm), where the spools better fits. But for spools that I use regularly, the handling was very cumbersome. So I ended up using Samla boxes from IKEA, which are capable to hold 4 to 5 spools, and build a silica container for it. Equipped with a Zigbee hygrometer I can track the humidity in Grafana to get messages if the silica has to be replaced. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, this works, but only if the bag is still in fine condition! :100:

And I just don’t want to suck anymore. :yum:

I use water/airtight plano ammo crates, holds 5-6 rolls, just add reusable desiccant balls.
Plano Tactical Series Ammo Crate, Gun Parts & Accessories - Amazon Canada

additional information:

In my opinion, individual boxes are also the best storage in the long term.
Especially for strongly hygroscopic filaments, individual storage is best. I do not need to constantly pre-dry (save electricity), because I always bring moist air in a large collection box by opening it. Sure, for PLA a big box is good to keep the dust out. But otherwise Vac bags (must be renewed again and again) and large boxes are bs. :new_moon_with_face:

Yes you’re right. At the moment I use only PLA and PETG and I have no place to store many small storage boxes for single filament spools. I know, this would be the best solution and the large boxes are only a compromise. :thinking: For filament I’m not use very often, I put it in the vacuum bag via the food vacuum sealer anyway. These bags hold the vacuum for a long time. :slight_smile:

@print.in.3d
^^ no hate :kissing_heart:
I was pleased to see your picture. You are a neat person. Your storage is great. I just wanted to point out for others what to think about before buying!
Unfortunately, as I wrote, I also have the bags!
I do not see any advantages after I bought them. It looks messy and when you stack them and need the bottom bag, everything falls like a house of cards, in itself! :crazy_face:

What model did you print for your samla box dessicant box ? I tried to find it online without sucess. Thanks

I’ve created my own: Printables

1 Like

Use them to i bought 50 of them never bags anymore

I ordered this 4 USD ones and surprisingly all held perfectly. I vacuummed a lot, until the spool deformed a bit, they look exactly as factory ones, no lost air in a week. This is directly after drying them for 6 hrs in a creality dryer

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Ddh0U9J

I went with Sterilite 19 Liter Clear Gasket Box. I can put 5 spools in them, along with dessicant and hygrometer. You can fit 4 of those under a Ikea Bekvam table, which I use for my A1 mini + AMS + balance.