Variable Layer hight option

Hello everyone,
I have the problem that a variable layer height is always used in Bambu Studio. I’ve tried forcing the slicer to print with a fixed layer height, without any success so far.

I wanted to print an Iron Man mask, up to a certain point the print was clean. From a certain layer but then no more, see pictures. You can also see in the slicer that from this point layers are apparently left out and the layer height is shifted from low to high. I am using the standard optimal profile with activated automatic tree support

I tried this stl. in Prusa, and it looks good in the slicer.

Does somebody has any idea?

Here is it with manually reset variable layer hight.

looks better → but not fixed, switches between 0.2 to 0.4 hight

Does Nobody has the Same Claim?

Regards Dennis

A link to the model if that is possible would help, but, even without I can see you have something messed up.

0.4mm layer height should be impossible for a printer with 0.4mm nozzle and the the print profile you are using does not exist for 0.6mm nozzle printer profiles.

1 Like

Here is the link to the model:
NEW IRON MAN MARK 3(life size helmet) by max7th - Thingiverse

Regards Dennis

1 Like

I looked at it and using X1C 0.4mm nozzle printer profile and 0.20mm standard process profile I can’t get it to produce anything like your first image. Variable layer height settings fully one way or the other or in the middle didn’t produce anything bad.

I don’t remember seeing it before, but, the preview layer height colors do go up to 0.4mm while nothing in the print is bigger than 0.28mm - strange.

WHUT!? How are you getting variable layer height? I can’t see that option anywhere in Bambu Studio.

I’ve seen it use variable layer height for tree supports, but never for the object itself.

I couldn’t find it either, it’s not in the settings it’s at the top - where you move or scale the object.

Thanks! I just started playing around with it. What fun!

1 Like

@schnuffi Variable layer height is not supposed to default to on, and in my experimentation with “painting” it never ends up as the mess you showed us.

I tried importing a few of the STLs from the link you provided, and none of them “accidently” activated variable heights.

Perhaps something has fiddled around with the presets under the hood?

After Bambu Studio update / reinstallation the problem is fixed.

Thanks for the check back report! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for this info!