Vertical seams on round bodies

Hello everyone,
suddenly my X1 carbon prints 3 seams on round bodies.
I print the Z-seam backwards and 2 more seams appear on the left and right side (exactly in X direction).
These two seams looks like the Z seam, they are slightly narrower but clearly visible.
In the slicer I don’t see any bulges and the walls and infill look good.

I have already adjusted the belt tension according to the instructions in the wiki.
The carbon rods I have also cleaned.

The problem not only occurs with my models, but also when I create a cylinder in the Bambulab Slicer.

Does anyone have an idea as to what this could be?
Could it be that the XY belts are worn out? My X1 now has around 2,000 operating hours.

Here is a photo of one of the seams.

Best regards
Rolf

If it were a machine tool, it would be backlash in the x axis drive. I would do a small test poiece, and print it at different speeds, I would expect it to be worse at higher speeds. It is something loose in the x-axis movement. I would guess it is the linear bearings or fixings allowing the head to twist slightlly in the x-axis direction.

Hello debonr,

thanks for your answer.
When printing, I noticed that the left side of the first layer is thicker than the right side.
On the left it is approx. 0.56 mm and on the right it is approx. 0.23 mm.

I found this page on the bambulab wiki: Manual Bed Leveling / Manual Bed Tramming | Bambu Lab Wiki
I’m not sure if this can be related to my problem, but my adjustment screws are both pretty far in. So according to the Wiki entry, there too loose.

Could this be my problem?

1 Like

I don’t think the bed levelling is the cause of your multi seams, but now you know it is not level, I think you should attempt to manually level the bed. To test if it is backlash, then in spiral vase mode, print a couple of cylinders, say, 20 mm diameter and 100mm diameter, maybe at the highest speed you can. The two seams on each part (four in total), if any, should look similar to each other (but you should get no seams).

You need to tram that thing.

Check the wiki