VOTE: Feature Request (Suggestions for Improvement)

Thanks for sharing your quicksand.

I’m not saying I’m embarking on a big project. I’m taking a survey. You’re the one who have lept to the conclusion that I’m out to change Bambu’s plans.

The survey stands on its own. If people participate that’s great. If they have suggestions, that’s better. At some point, I’ll compile everything and send it off for consideration.

As already said, Bambu does not pay much attention to this forum. On rare occasions an employee makes a comment, but they generally don’t answer questions, respond to problems, bug reports, or feature requests in the forum.

The best place for bug reports and feature requests is the Github site:

or

Add to an existing issue, upvote a feature request, or create a new issue, characterize it as a bug or feature. The developers do look at the issues and I have entered a couple of bug reports that were corrected in the next release.

I would not ask for multiple new features in one issue, make separate requests as each issue has to be handled individually.

3 Likes

Well, I think we’ve successfully derailed this thread.

You keep thinking my objective is to change bamboo. It’s not. My objective is to survey what features other people want. But, that’s pretty much been lost now.

Perhaps don’t be so presumptuous about the objectives of others, and just go along. Then you won’t end up being an inadvertent obstructionist.

Again, my primary objective was not to change bamboo. It was to learn and flush out a list of features that people would like. This is the best place for that…or was until all of these postings challenging the survey. Thanks so much for that.

Kudos. I support the idea of getting the discussion going. What can it hurt anyway. Maybe a tech will find this topic - maybe not. If it gets the conversation rolling, OK fine.

My 2 cents (FWIW): X1C. Why not make the poop chute clear plastic? Given the poor lighting, at least you would be able to see potential clogs more easily.

1 Like

be good to add Auto sleep after print had finished.

1 Like

With printers without the AMS, it should be much easier to change the filament mid-print. Currently, it’s a convoluted process. Prusa makes this very easy.

Even better filtration and VOC protection.

3 Likes

my points would be:

• AMS (only) for TPU
  • API to contol the printer
  • simple (optocoupler) input to pause printer (for external spaghetti detection)
0 voters

I would like to be able to start a print with a timer. Imagine starting a print before going to bed, but instead of it starting straight away and disturbing your sleep you set it to start 6:00 and when you eat breakfast at 9:00 on a weekend it’s finished.
Exactly like the timer on a dishwasher.

5 Likes

If I had to suggest anything it would be a Single or Dual spool AMS that is also a proper heated filament dryer for handling composite materials such as PAHT-CF etc. Think of it as an “ADMS - Automated Dryer Material System”.

I think this would be a welcomed addition to the current lineup, especially for production printing. For now, I have just made a y splitter and ordered a Creality Space Pi dryer to do the job, but after looking at it and seeing the New Dual Filament Space Pi+ that’s coming soon, I thought if Bambu did something similar to that with a nice touch screen in the front for the heating operations and gave it AMS function that could deal with the carbon composites and is easy to service like the AMS Lite in case of filament breakage rather than pulling the whole thing apart, I think that would be a winner.

Creality Space Pi Plus image provided for reference.

2 Likes

Please add spoolman support to the printers firmware.

2 Likes

Would RTSP support improve the frame rate of the P1S camera?

If so, that definitely gets my vote.

Also, 3rd party RFID would be cool (If that means allowing the use of programmable tags).

What is spoolman?

Thanks.

It’s a filament management application. When you receive filament, you can enter it into Spoolman, and then when you put it on the printer it will track what printer it’s on and will also track it’s usage.

I can’t post links yet but look up Spoolman on github by Donkie

1 Like

Looks very useful.

Still looks fairly manual though.

If Bambu won’t open it up, a custom RFID solution seems like a great idea.

1 Like

Klipper based printers it’s fairly automatic. It’s a manual process to enter spools when they come in, but once they are entered its easy to assign them to the printer and it’s automatic from there. It also has a nice way of if you start a print with a spool that is low, it will also estimate if you have enough filament available on the assigned spool and alert you if it might not be enough.

1 Like

But swapping spools in and out of the machine/ams, that action still has to be entered manually, right?

Thanks

With the AMS RFID, there is a potential for it to be automatic, but you would need to be able to read the RFID and enter it into Spoolman. But for other printers you have to select it, and there is a mechanism to print QR codes and use your phone to scan the QR to select it.

1 Like

QR is definitely better than nothing.

I’m hoping something comes of this…

RFID Tag Guide

Open 3D-RFID

Or Bambu stops being silly about it.

I turned that silly function off all together after a BL filament kept exploding into pieces inside one of my AMS units. It also shaved about 10 minutes off the wait time before the printer was ready to work.

Each AMS has to partially load filament to read the RFID tag. For me, that’s 16 times even though I only have four BL spools. The routine runs for every slot. I turned the recognize function off. It’s too much wear on the filaments that didn’t change anything. I map my slots manually and can change them individually when necessary.

I have my AMS units labeled A through D and know that A3 is Grey PLA and C2 is Black Silk. I know that because that’s how I defined them. I don’t need the AMS units squeezing all my filaments every time I turn the printer on. They stay defined to the printer, so I don’t need it checking every time I turn it on.