VOTE: Feature Request (Suggestions for Improvement)

But swapping spools in and out of the machine/ams, that action still has to be entered manually, right?

Thanks

With the AMS RFID, there is a potential for it to be automatic, but you would need to be able to read the RFID and enter it into Spoolman. But for other printers you have to select it, and there is a mechanism to print QR codes and use your phone to scan the QR to select it.

1 Like

QR is definitely better than nothing.

I’m hoping something comes of this…

RFID Tag Guide

Open 3D-RFID

Or Bambu stops being silly about it.

I turned that silly function off all together after a BL filament kept exploding into pieces inside one of my AMS units. It also shaved about 10 minutes off the wait time before the printer was ready to work.

Each AMS has to partially load filament to read the RFID tag. For me, that’s 16 times even though I only have four BL spools. The routine runs for every slot. I turned the recognize function off. It’s too much wear on the filaments that didn’t change anything. I map my slots manually and can change them individually when necessary.

I have my AMS units labeled A through D and know that A3 is Grey PLA and C2 is Black Silk. I know that because that’s how I defined them. I don’t need the AMS units squeezing all my filaments every time I turn the printer on. They stay defined to the printer, so I don’t need it checking every time I turn it on.

I would really like a drop to bed function.
Also away to use the arrow keys to raise and lower models
Thanks
M1

I don’t think this is a current feature of BL Studio, if it is I can’t find it, but I have situations probably like most of us, where I print multiple items (clones) at once.
If during the printing process a failure occurs with a single part, you risk losing most of, if not all, because of the build up of ‘spaghetti’ being dragged around the plate.
It would be a handy feature to be able to pause the print, ‘deselect’ the failed part/s, removed it from the plate and then resume the print.

1 Like

Skipping objects on the display or in Handy is available for the X1 with recent firmware.
The P1 and A1 can do it through the Handy app.

Skip Objects

1 Like

“F” key, then select the face to be on the bed?

Or Shift+R to auto orient?

1 Like

Thanks for that.
I hadn’t even realised the function was there on the printer.
I had to update my Bambu Handy though.
Thanks again.

1 Like

We need toolheads for faster and higher quality prints, including faster printed supports. And possibly put it in a larger machine.

Also we need proper filtration for carcinogens

This was a great pole. Interesting to see what other people also want added to their printers.

A feature that wasn’t on there that I would love to see is a warning if the GCode is for the wrong printer.

I would like to see Bambu Studio updated to support the new scarf joints that Orca slicer seems to be using.
The ability to remove items from the SD card from the touch screen, not just models but videos etc.
Camera Upgrade or Module to replace the camera to support better cameras.
Ability to trigger an external camera via wifi perhaps within Bambu Studio, Maybe it could use GCode position for it’s trigger. This would allow for a camera hooked to the PC to take time lapse
Better Error Code explanations within Bambu Labs Studio.
Just a few ideas
M1

Available now in the beta version.

Lots of other new features, too.

1 Like

Turning off the hotend and AMS lights during sleep mode

1 Like

OK here is one of my biggest issues with Studio, all the temp cycles and over temps. For example I set my filament to generic PLA, I go into the settings and set a high at 230 and the low temp at 215 for example. Why then does the printer run the temp to 250c during it’s purge? That creates a smoking rock of filament that’s going to the purge bucket. I’m wondering if it’s leaving hard particles behind in the hot end.

Also why are there so many heat cycles for bed and hot end? I’d like to see those all stay stable. Probing the bed at a lower temp than what your going to print at seems like it could create a less accurate mesh. You would think that probing with the hot end and bed at temp would create a much more accurate mesh.

Thanks
M1

Multi - Material combined printing without crazy workarounds that result in non optimised material print.
Tagging in NVNDO

Best described Here

and Here

Above all else, this unlocks a powerfull ability to produce amazing functional parts much more easily.

Support for USB Ethernet LAN Adapter. Not everybody wants to use WLAN

2 Likes

I have done exactly this and much simpler and quicker (labeled my AMSs and turned off identification of filament on startup). the RFID is great but the ability to add / modify the RFID would be great. also, one last thing is the make the build plate ID code more visible to the Lidar. the plates come from BL with hardly any contrast in colours in the cade at all.

2 Likes

Please add an export function of the Printing History data as shown in Bambu Handy.
Export: Date, Time, Printer name, Print name|Title, Print Time, Filament type, Material weight, Succes|Canceled.
Format: CSV file.

We have a number of printers and need to split the cost of filament across users.
Copying the data by hand is a pain.