Way to change line width on all top surfaces?

Dialing in some of my prints and trying to get better looking top surfaces (without ironing). I don’t want to change the line width for the full print, as that would slow the entire print considerably.

Been messing with line width on the top surface, which helps big time. But I can’t figure out how to do it on the bottom top surfaces. You’ll notice on this print, the very top black surface looks much nicer than the lower black top surface.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Try cutting it in multiple horizontal part, one of them to include the lower top layer and change the line setting just for that part.

Hell yeah, that worked perfect and was super easy. Thanks.

You just have to make sure “Cut to parts” is selected so they stay together.

Will get this printed and see how she looks.

1 Like

That bottom checkbox is a bit cryptic.

you mean the ‘cut to parts’?

If that is what you mean - it means that the relative positions of the cutted parts are kept intact. If you uncheck that box the cutted parts are individual objects which are send to the bed and treated individually.

1 Like

Yup. It automatically moves the cut object as well. I’m sure you can manually move them back, but checking the box keeps everything aligned as original.

Yes, I meant the wording could have been clearer. Like “Keep Parts In Place” for example. I had to try it to figure out what it meant.

Same. It could be labeled/named better.

I’m curious to know what did you change in order to get such a great top surface?