This happened once on a print I’ve repeated numerous times before and since without it recurring. I’m sharing this only because it‘s so weird and am curious if anyone else has experienced anything similar, not because it’s an ongoing issue for me or anything.
So I was printing some additional AMS2 dessicant holders out of Fiberon PPS-GF using a 0.6 left side nozzle. The filament was in an HT but fed as an external spool through the TPU feed slot bypassing the buffer. The print didn’t use the right nozzle at all and I had successfully printed this same print numerous times in the past with this method, and twice immediately before this error.
So it’s about 15% through the print when the filament ran out, which I was expecting so I was monitoring it frequently so I could swap in a new roll as soon as it did. When it ran out, instead of the normal message about it running out, it instead gave me an error saying it failed to fetch nozzle number 5 on the right side. I checked it and sure enough, the nozzle in the 5 slot was hanging askew with the toolhead up against it.
Totally weird since the slice doesn’t even use the right nozzle, had never done this or anything similar in all the other times I printed it using the same settings, and it occurred exactly when the filament ran out. No power loss happened, no other issue, nothing I can figure out to explain it.
I had to cancel the print and reset the nozzle on the rack, then started it again using the “print again” option. No issues that print or since. I’m at a loss at what could cause this and while it hasn’t happened again so isn’t a major problem, it’s just so weird it has me wondering if I’m the only one with a mischievous gremlin apparently residing in their H2.