We're excited to announce that Bambu Lab P1P is getting an upgrade

Yes you get the P1P with the Camera and lightbar installed from factory all ready.

that’s very amazing. i am newbie in 3D printing all i can say it that Bumbu lab is the best

yes but the quality is terrible

Quailty of what? Printers awsome but the camera is naaa god for check print up but not soo good for timelapse or?

Yes do compare the quality, or do you research, if you relying on one of the factors being the internal P1P \ P1S camera, its not the best for live streaming or anything like that.

X1 series has both a better camera and cpu\motherboard to handle it, but I do realise thats a big budget differencem, but just calling it out, as soon as I saw the feed qualty of the P1S\P1P - I walked away - as the live realtime feed was a key factor in my application, may not be in yours.

I agree, part of me does wish I got the X1C Combo instead of going for the P1P and eventually buying the P1S upgrade and an AMS. It actually gets me irritated because it takes forever to connect and when it finally does connect the image is terrible.

Then I added the AMS on top of the printer like they show in their promo photos and now instead of having some light shining through the top there is no light coming through the lid and go ahead and try to verify that first few layers using a black filament.

It’s laughable at best… seriously the camera is a piece of junk and now with the AMS on top of the printer it’s practically useless to me since that LED isn’t bright enough to illuminate the whole interior.

Yes, I should have just bought the x1, but I think the p1p is already expensive enough to start with. It’s great but the x 1 is just yes. They could offer updates for the p1p. that if you don’t have enough change at the beginning you can expand the p1p to almost x1c??

1 Like

As consolation from an X1 user…(since I’ve read a lot here that it would have been better to buy it…)

Times always change. The day I wouldn’t do anything differently, will be the day I have stopped learning and that also applies to an X1 user too.

If I had to today and I don’t regret anything because experiences are worth something too. So if I would spend 1500 euros (incl. spare parts) today, then I would speed it on a P1S with AMS and a FLSun T1.

My lesson, at 800 euros is finish – what I think tomorrow, you should ask me tomorrow.

Also because PETG no longer costs 40 euros a kilo. I even have European manufacturers that undercut Bambulab. So where are the advantages? Of course there are advantages, but everyone has to decide for themselves how much they are worth…

I don’t think there will be a single 3D printer manufacturer that wouldn’t approach things differently today… different than they did 4 months, 1 year or 4 years ago.

And by the way, the T1 shows what I meant when by publishing the A1 - the clicks on YouTube comes anyway. But FLsun is now getting them for themselves, which is fine becouse they did the job and thats the only thing which counts to get the clicks… and that focuses on a single video :+1:

I own a p1p, p1s, x1c and my daughter has an a1. After having them for a while, ill tell you they are basically the same. The only one thats different is the a1(in good ways). Most bells n whistles you get on the x1, youll stop using eventually anyway.

If you need small stuff, buy a mini. Medium stuff, buy a p1s. Large stuff, most other companies.

And all the cameras suck. Add a 3rd party one if youre serious. The 2 cheaper models even come with a usb outlet for power.

All the lightbars suck aswell. Again, 3rd party. Youll find that these printers also need 3rd party upgrades once ypu get past the sales pitch.

Need real filtration? 3rd party.
Sound deadening? 3rd party.
Temp control? …
Remote power switch?
Real door seal?
High flow nozzle?
etc

If only they had used an m.2 style socket for the wifi card. could have been 3rd party fix.

Color change for ABS, carbon or fiberglass? Apart from the fact that you shouldn’t work with an AMS with the last two, there’s still ABS - now you can say I like the storage through an AMS - buy 3 printers for the same price as an X1C and that’s it. No more slot problems, everything is gone - and if one stops, two other printers are still running… What’s left then, the color change for PETG and PLA, where do you end up? By the cheapest models from Bambulab… The only option would then be TPU and AMS but AMS can’t manage that as well.

So:

Bambulab X1C a printer for Prototypes, for experimenting with materials or for home use for “some specal print once in your life”… but then you should order it turnkey from Aliexpress. For 800 USD you get a hell of a lot on this ordering platform… or you can order it from a 3D printing farm and leave the trouble to the professionals… Then also the risk is gone that a new Bambulab “premium” will show up and the X1C will lose 50% of it`s value from one day to the next…

The printers themselves can print carbon filled filament from what ive seen. Just some added wear on ptfe tube and some ams parts, if you use it through an ams.

Hello my friend @Streetsport ,

Yes, that works. The fact that it’s so easy is probably less the fault of the printer - it’s more due to Bambu Studio and since Orcaslicer is also available…

I’ve already posted this here several times, but Bambulab has described very precisely what you should do and what you shouldn’t do and when I look at what you should only run through the external printer feed… I think it’s better to choose 3 printers instead of one printer with AMS since you are on the external spool supply anyway.

And then you’re back to Bambulab X1C a printer for Prototypes, for experimenting with materials or for home use for “some specal print once in your life”… (except PETG or PLA color change)

1 Like

Actually they can’t add much more hardware to the P1P/S

First off it wouldn’t be a smart idea to undercut their X1 is say they where to do addons to make the P series like the X1

Second off the mainboards are different boards.

Anyways i understand where you are going with this, but there is a reason they have the printers they have.

I am actually glad i didn’t get the X1. My P1P is enclosed etc just minus the lidar and with the proble.s i ha e heard from some of the lidars i dont think it is really needed.

1 Like

Ok, if someone is doing upgrades on their own in a closed system, they might want to go a little faster.

As I mentioned many times: There are many who can do more than others but there is no one who can do more than everyone else combined. I’m always amazed at what kind of forces can arise in a counterweight… Somehow the Yin always comes to the Yang as the Yang always searches for the Yin - can by splitet at all and will always belong to each other.

He did it well and there are many more which will show up:

How long has the X1C with AMS been out? The competition has been hard at work. I don’t believe any of the competition will offer anything less than what the X1C provides. Maybe even an IDEX with 350x350x400 build volume? That would be nice.

1 Like

Yes, it’s impressive how long the X1C stays at the top of its field.

LED for free?

Free because Bambulab LED is so dark that User must upgrade himself to LED wich is able to spend light?

:)))))

2 Likes