What are you saving for?

Are you getting excited? All the recent rumors, patents, fcc labels. I’m trying to save my points, but my gawd! I think I’m most excited about the potential of a 3d scanner.

What’s really rocking my world right now though is UV Printers. I finally watched a video on them, and hawt damn, potatoes and ham! It’s funny, because I really wanted a laser printer that could mark 3d prints, ya know. Like how awesome would that be! A UV printer would be so much better though, right? You could have full color! I was imagining my little screw storage boxes, but being able to UV print the labels.

xtools and their freakin’ UV printer with the cloth printing option. I would make Josh-3D branded shirts, for sure :smiley: and probably shirts with my cat’s face on it, because what self respecting cat owner wouldn’t?

What are you saving up for?

Im saving up for the C3C, the first tool changing chocolate printer.

Imagine being able to mix dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate in the same print. Not to mention the optional pancake attachment.

All seriousness, a 3d scanner would be great. I am currently using a creality raptor and it has seen better days.

Moreover, I like the idea of Bambu releasing a high temp printer so I can experiment with filaments like ultem. Plus Prusa just released a 400c nozzle kit for their C1, I would love to see Bambu do something similar, but I know the chances are low.

Btw. @Josh-3D Thank you for bringing some positivity!

All I can do is wish and dream right now. So… one of everything you guys list would be wonderful. Oh, and enough room to store and use it all!

I want all the things!

But I’m most interested in a 3D scanner, since that’s probably the next most important tool for me. Would be interesting to see how Bambu does it and if they can manage to make something that’s better or easier to use than what’s already out there.

Hard for me to justify all of the other new things, so I’ll just have to live vicariously through the rest of you. :slight_smile:

Also waiting for UV 3d. Both Flashforge CJ270 or Heygears G1X (with the 3d expansion) are new on the market, but too new to know if they work yet.

Also waiting for someone to invent a machine to wash build plates, and a good way to recycle prints back into filament (Like Creality R1 but less hassle).

I’m trying so hard to arrange my office thoughtfully, but I am always out of room to do anything. I have to shuffle projects off to storage so I can make room for new ones. I end up with a sea of bins and parts spread out in groups on the floor. The cat comes in and knocks everything out of order. He’s not even trying to, not being a cat about it, he’s just a lumbering bumbling cat that kind of runs into everything. I tend to OCD arrange my parts too, so it just drives me insane.

I’ve just been investing my money into my crazy projects, so it’s been a little bit of dreaming and wishing beyond that. I’ve been wanting to get a new pan for cooking with since my old one is at it’s end of life, but even that has had to be put on the back burner. Pun intended!

I still want one of those UV printers though. That’d be so cool! I’d get it before a pan if I could. :rofl:

I’ve been curious to expand my comfort zone a little and try some of the engineering materials and stuff, stuff beyond PETG/ABS/ASA. I’ve printed with PC before, which I didn’t think was too hard. The price of some of that stuff spooks me away though. More recently I’ve been thinking about it for prints that’d be used inside a hot car.

Oh my gosh, or a filling attachment. Imagine the chocolates you could print.

Make some reeses cups with real chocolate.

I’ve done photogrammetry in the past to great success. A year or two ago I did a bunch of research into the more affordable 3d scanners out there and was impressed. It almost made me buy one! My interest has been getting peaked again.

That one is pretty wild.