What causes the scraping off?

It seems the nozzle is scraping off some of the filament. Is the temperature too high/low?

Have you tried gyroid infill? Grid isn’t the best choice of infill patterns.

Mike

1 Like

The main cause looks like the use of grid infill, which causes the nozzle to cross its path on the same layer. Try gyroid or rectilinear instead.

I’d also check the usual problem causes - wet filament, nozzle temperature, flow ratios.
I think the layers must not be sticking to each other very well for the damage to be that extreme.

1 Like

I will try gyroid. Wet filament should not be the cause as I had the filament in a dryer.
Nozzle temp was 220. Higher or lower?

If your tests already showed you that your printer works best with filament of that type and color from that manufacturer at a 220 °C nozzle temperature, leave it at 220 °C.

If you picked that number at random, or because it was a default, or because a manufacturer suggested it, consider it to be only a starting point. Print one of the various temperature towers, using higher and lower numbers, and pick the one that works best with that type of filament, in that color, from that manufacturer in your printer.

Gyroid seems to have solved the problem.
Thanks for your help

1 Like