What is the HRC setting for

Hi all would someone please explain to me what the setting below is for, I see it is only on Studio setting for filaments on the A1 printer option.

HRC is the hardness of the nozzle. If you hover over it, does it explain itself?

What version of Studio are you using, I don’t see it…??

Same one as you very strange

I just noticed I am not in Advanced mode and not able to switch it on, not sure if that is why mine shows the HRC setting???

I’ve turned Advanced on & off, I thought the same.

You probably have “Developer mode” checked in Preferences (down arrow to the right of File).

Developer mode locks the advanced sliders and apparently activates the HRC setting. I don’t know if there are other differences.

I don’t think this is currently useful since I cannot find any hardness ratings for Bambu nozzles.

3 Likes

Yes I have Developer mode on, with it off and in advanced mode the HRC setting is now missing. I would still like to know what HRC does. The little info I get on HRC appears to have something to do with a stainless or hardened nozzle.

There are several Rockwell scales used to measure hardness of materials. The most common scales are B and C. C hardness scale(HRC) is used for hard materials such as Hardened steel, iron, titanium, etc., while the B scale(HRB) is used for softer metals such as aluminum or brass.

I’m unable to find the specifications for Bambu nozzles though. The default value on my X1C is 3.0 which would allow the use of a very soft nozzle.The hardness value of a nozzle would be good information to have, because if we knew the hardened steel nozzle value, we could use that value when setting up abrasive filaments such as those containing carbon fiber.