When will BL have PLA refills?

On the UK store, the PLA (among others) is always out of stock.

Waited weeks for refills to get stock but nothing ever appears.

The whole reason I got a BL AMS was because I wanted the filaments to “just work” considering they have RFID tags and ready made presets.

Does anyone know who actually makes/provides the filaments?
Isn’t there normally a chain of certification that we can follow to determine the source?

1 Like

I’m not sure about the UK store, but the Canadian store mentioned that 15-Mar would be when they would be back in stock. Hopefully that’s true and it’s the same for you!

I think they will get there eventually. They are selling so many printers that they need to play some catch-up on the filament side.

It is in their best financial interest to have a full supply, but things often take time and can’t change in a moment. Their suppliers may not have had enough equipment to keep up with the demand, who knows.

Them opening up the bulk filament pricing is hopefully a sign that their supply might be increasing soon.

Thanks both for your replies, I certainly hope they get on top of the demand and maybe start stockpiling some in case of future surges in demand.

For now, I’m making do with Creality Hyper-PLA but I have to admit, either I can’t get it dialled in perfectly or the filament is sub-par, it prints well enough but there’s definitely a little room for some improvements (mostly overhangs).

Maybe BBL can create some profiles for Creality for us, saving us wasting a bunch trying to dial them in.

Still looking very poor for availability, which is a shame as I have just got my AMS unit. Strange that they have opened up their bulk pricing to all but cant replenish stock fast enough. It’s a shame because I have to buy other PLA but wanted the RFID so that it knows automatically and don’t have to change the settings.

The U.K. appears to be the ‘ginger step child’ of the family.

Printed availability is always longer and later than other territories and filament availability is essentially not available ever for most of the catalogue.

The newest hardware kits already available in almost all locations aren’t available for another month in the U.K. for some reason.

The U.K. has a significant proportion of tech savvy people that are happy to spend good money on decent tech. More so than of other locations served by Bambu Lab who are served far better than us.

1 Like

Understand that the UK is probably the furthest of all the sales region to ship items by sea from China. Conflicts in both the Middle East and Ukraine have only caused more issues with delivery to this region.

Your comment that the UK has a greater number of tech savvy people probably means that they are all running purchasing bots that snap up items the second they are in stock. So I guess this means that you might not be part of that group? :slight_smile:

1 Like