Where are the other system presets?

I swapped my default 0.4mm nozzle with the 0.2mm hotend, and I’ve added the 0.2mm nozzle printer in BS, but I don’t see any of the system presets processes that are available in the 0.4mm nozzle printer in the 0.2mm printer.

This is list of system presets for the 0.4mm nozzle printer:

But if I switch over to the 0.2mm nozzle printer, I only have:

The same for the 0.6mm and 0.8mm printers I’ve added.

Now, in PrusaSlicer, IIRC, there is this concept of a machine dependency for each Print Setting. So you can say, oh this setting only works for this printer. I tried searching for this in the Process section, and the filament section, and even the printer definitions, but no avail.

Any ideas on how to transfer the processes from one printer definition to another?

1 Like

Indeed- I have tried as follows, but does not work - new project with 0.4 nozzle and .16 mm preset, save as project (.3mf file) - new project with 0.2 nozzle, import project → but then 0.2 nozzle changes to .4 nozzle. We’ll have to wait for BL I guess, or others to help.

In short, Bambu Lab have done very little testing with alternative nozzle sizes, so the profiles you see are the profiles you get. Even the single profile you get for the other nozzles is not optimised very well.

If you desire other profiles you’ll either have to wait for Bambu lab to release some (which may take a long time), or create them yourself.

1 Like

…or BL is certain that only a .1 mm profile is required fort the .2 nozzle since the other profiles work very well with the .4 nozzle. Actually, I have printed a small bearing with the .16 mm profile and .4 mm nozzle and it does work great

In my limited experience so far worse than having to make your own slicer profiles is poor calibration by the printer of other nozzle sizes. Flow didn’t seem too bad but the pressure advance (or whatever printer calibration actually does) was rubbish using a 0.8mm nozzle.

I just installed a .6mm nozzle, and now I’m stuck with only one preset :frowning:

Hope they add more. I will try to build my own, but I wish (since they sell 0.2,0.6 and 0.8 nozzles) they would of provided a bit more presets :slight_smile:

I was a bit surprised myself that presets for other nozzle sizes which they sell are such underdeveloped. I can understand that the main focus is on giving max experience for the ‘standard’ 0.4 nozzles, but as others have said - they sell 0.2, 0.6, and 0.8 as well. So at least for the inclusivity of their own eco-system, I would expect that they hopefully provide at least a good starting point for different layer heights for the other nozzle sizes in the near future as well.

If there is no preset, it does not mean that you can not change the values and run tests ? If you are unsure about which values you could take, I would open PrusaSlicer anf check settiing for a .6 nozzle of the MK3S (again, a workaround, but…)

It surely would work as a base ground. And if I would have currently a need, I would also go that route. But as mentioned, as they are also selling other nozzle sizes I would expect supporting profiles from them as well.
I purchased already bigger nozzle sizes myself (when upgrading to the texture PEI), but when playing with the profiles I saw currently no need to swap the 0.4 one. The 0.4 one is optimized in speed - and with not really finding a significantly higher flow-rate filament like the ones I currently have I even don’t find a purpose for swapping and playing for myself.
Sure, if someone wants to have finer details or print smaller objects (0.2) or works with certain materials (need of 0.6 or even 0.8) than it would be a different story.

Again, I hope that Bambu is putting some effort into - at least what they sell within their eco-system - in the near future :slight_smile:

I saw them writing in that respect, i.e. testing profiles…

The question is whether we could call the community here to post profiles for e.g. 0.2 mm or 0.6 mm nozzles =?

1 Like